litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Toys / Upgrades

Snapper

As per an earlier thread on upgrades to my car, here are a few quick pictures (Sorry only just got the car home:

Push Button Start and Aces Shift Lights (Change Up & Down) and removable steering wheel...

All the installation work has been done by those nice people at Nick Whales. Their Service Manager, Ian is going to come back to me with some installation price now that they have done this fitting and found all the problems. The Aces had to be wired in all the way back to the engine bay because the feed to the stack dash unit has to lower voltage feed.

When I get some firm prices I will post them here:

post-152-1106599001.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Aces Control box is just visable through the steering wheel on the wall of the passenger footwell, I have not had time to do a picture of that in close up. But will try and do that tomorrow and post it here..

Are they a bit bright?

No not really because while driving the lights aren't on, depending on how you set them they count you into the gear change.

I have set change at 8400rpm with the first change light to start coming on at 7600rpm..

As you get closer to change up more lights come on and finally flash....

The great thing is that you now no longer need to look at the rev counter... or look for the dim light in the rev counter.

They are a bit bright (Brightness is adjustable) you just concentrate on the road ahead.

Change down light is also adjustable and is the fist green light on the left...

I am well impressed..

I will try my best to be there.... Failing that I will be free at some point over the weekend and will drop you an email to see if there is some where we can meet up in the middle....I am in Birmingham....

But hopefully see you there.. :blink:

I have to say I am very impressed with my upgrades... ;)

Now added to my cars details in the Garage Section :blink:

I had these Aces on my old Caterham and always felt that they was an item that finnish a sports car off along with a push button start... IMOP

I think it would look good if the lights were in the same alcantara as the dash so they don't look quite so stuck on.

Also i don't really have a problem knowing when to change gear, you get a kick up the arse on cam change then it gets really loud for a few seconds then time to change !!!

Apart from that they look good, look forward to seeing them

Couldn't resist the temptation........new toys for me too !!!

Taking the car in Tuesday for a new boot stay, starter button and a couple of warranty issues (starter motor, roof squeaks and non-cancelling indicators)

;)

Archived