litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Toys / Upgrades

Snapper

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mambosasa ; Change lights....NICE! Can you turn them off if you are a 'cruise' mode?

Yes you can turn them off, adjust the brightness, adjust the first light activation to suit yourself. But if you are just cruising I dought you will get in to the power band enough to set them off in the first place.

The control box is fitted on with 3M Dual Lock which is like a very heavy duty valcro... and as such is removable.

The box has been positioned so that it does not get in the way of the passengers leg, so it won't cause discomfort when resting their leg against the side wall of the car...

post-152-1106743787.jpg

Last night (Nottingham Meeting) was one of the first proper chances to have a drive of the car since I have had the upgrades done. I must admit I am very pleased with them.

The Aces are great and the start button is just the biz..

Have to admit Jamie, the start button is superb - looking forard to getting mine done Tuesday !

Still not sure if I can justify the Aces though - if I find I'm doing more trackdays, maybe. But for regular road use......doubt I can justify the spend.

Thanks for the spin last night though and sorry for getting us lost.... :rolleyes:

Had Nick Whales have a look at wiring my OMEX shift lights while it was having warrenty work done.

They were telling me the problems they had with yours Jamie!

Mine are wired into the stack, into the feed from the ECU which powers the Rev counter.

Someone said (I think it was OMEX themselves?) I need to run a feed to the coilpack to power it from there. Not really the weather to be crawling underneath the car at the moment!

So they only work for about 10 mins at the moment! :angry:

Always was a sucker for a start button. I'm OK with the standard shiftlight in the rev counter. What boss do you have for the removeable wheel - does it change the position of the wheel - I'd like to get mine a little closer to me. (Although I'm quite happy with the standard wheel, I don't know of a boss that will achieve this, so I'm wondering about new wheel as well)

Pete

The removable steering wheel and mounting are the standard Lotus kit.

The steering wheel is a Momo and I believe that the locking kit is a 'snapoff' kit, I just hope it doesn't snapoff on me while driving :rolleyes:

The snapoff kit allows you to lock the wheel on the car so that it can't be taken off or when the wheel is removed the lock can be inserted so that it can't be put back on the car with out the key....

When the car is at home in the Garage the wheel is remove and stored separately from the keys for safety.

I think that there are some options to be able to bring the wheel a little closer to the driver.....

Ladders: I think you would have the same problems as me and have to wire them all the way to the engine bay.. Chatting with the tec'y chap at Aces he feel that although he didn't know the details on the Omex system there was a good chance they would have the same problem....

Yes, think your right there, apparently there's not enough voltage to run them, although can't work out how the origonal S2 shift light still works? Must use less voltage.

Jamie, where have you set your change up point? Some people say to set it at peak power, but on my Walshy day, walshy says to push it all the way to the rev limiter as your loseing time by shifting earlier! :rolleyes:

Ladders:

1st Light is set to come on at 7600, this is so that I know that I have approx 1000 rpm left. So if you was mid corner on a tight'ish bend you have a fair idea how long you have got before gear change with out unbalancing the car or loosing traction during the gear change.

After all the lights are on they will flash for change up. I have found that setting them to flash about 8200-8300rpm leaves just the right amount of time for me to react before the rev limiter kicks in... you don't want the car lurching back and forwards at the wrong moment due to the rev limiter..

The last couple of hundred rpm comes in so quickly that you do need to allow reaction time... The Aces are far easier to adjust than the Omex... What ever change up light you have needs to be set to how you personally like it.

As for the down shift light I would need to be on a track really to get the best set up and as of yet I have not been on track ... I would guess it would need to be set in the 5500-6000rpm range.

But for the road I have left the down shift to just above idle... If I wanted the down shift light set for fast road I would guess 5000rpm... Would be hard to use that on UK roads I have to admit.

Hope that helps

Jamie

Archived