litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

1st Service

PPPMAT

Got my after sales 1000 mile service coming up. Bought the car from Peter Smiths but the general opinion seems to be - don't go back for servicing. I would like to keep the FLSH if possible so where should I take it?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nowt as queer as folk as they say......

The thread below was also discussing PSSC.

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index...?showtopic=3246

I bought cars from them, and always found Gerald a really decent bloke, who always "did the deal" I wanted.

For servicing however......a different story. Their labour rates are £100 per hour. So if money no object.....go get your service there.

Just as an example - I need 2 new rear tryes. PSSC quoted me £402 fitted, Nick Whales £370 fitted.

I had my S2 Sports Tourer serviced there before I sold it. It was a standard A service and needed a new altenator (not covered under warranty - electrical item).

Total cost for A service, altenator and fitting = £980.

Loads of people on here rate Horizon Motorsport - never been there myself, but when the car needs its next service, will defo be tempted !

According to my reciept if you go to PSSC, you pay for Oil (mobil 1), Engine flush, fuel system flush and washer fluid (even if it's nearly full, cuz you filled it at home before you went :D )

Cost us £99, others I've spoken to paid less elsewhere.

Gerald the sales bloke is sound :)

Reg

Archived