litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Aluminium Light / Washer Stalks

MarkH

So Bell & Colville is £20.00 a set cheaper than Eliseparts - is there much of a difference between them (quality / peformance)???

Interested to hear back from any of you who have fitted them as to:

1 Ease of fitment

2 How they look

3 Do they have the rubber grommets as per the original

A new one from Vahxhall is £20 & Lotus is £30.........

Thinking of saving myself £20 & going for Bell & Colville as the original repalcements are so expensive.

Cheers

Mark

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark,

i bought mine from Elise parts. They are very easy to fit. You pull the old rubber boots off. You have to cut the old stalks at the top of the square section. The new ones then slide on and are held in place by 4 small grub screws. You then slide the old boots back over. I like the look of the Elise part ones. I cant comment on the others as ive not seen any.

Not sure if the B&C are the Lotus Sport - the website is a little short of details!!!

So - my current lights / indicator stalk needs replacing as I have a headlight full beam / indicator problem (indicate to turn right & then the full beam comes on - p*ssing off anyone in front of me).

Sounds like I'll have to get a replacement light stalk ASWELL as the aluminium stalks, cut off the new stalks & then put the aluminium ones over the cut off new stalk.

Does that sound right to you?

Cheers

Mark

I had that problem on my old Astra (Same stalks) bright went when I indicated. Should be able to get some from a breakers, from a 92 and up to a 2003 Astra I think. I believe the ally ones weigh a bit more and thus place a little more strain on the actual contact bit, so you're best off getting a replacement lever first. Cant be more than a fiver for one from a breakers.

Mark,

if you currently have a problem on one of your stalks you will need to replace it first. The ali ones only go under the boot about 25mm approx. Its just a replacment end to the lever really. The Elise parts ones are well made though.

Regards Martin.

I bought a pair from Bell and C but then decided not to fit them - one bit of ally tat too far.

Friends and family persuaded me that they would look totally naff, and having seen them on another Elise I now agree.

I was also a bit worried about the instructions which tell you to saw off the plastic indicators and glue the news ones on.

I sold my pair on eBay - would you believe that someone paid MORE for them than they cost new from the supplier!! There's one born every minute...

I bought a pair from Bell and C but then decided not to fit them - one bit of ally tat too far.

Depends on wich ones you go for!

The only ones I liked when I was at Donny were the Lotus ones, which is why I fitted them.

Lots better than the 'Plastic Tat' Vaxhall ones!

I completely agree that the std plastic ones look crap, but they also look quite light.

I'm afraid I'm not an ally tat man......so if anyone has some old plastic winders they'll sell for a couple of squid????......

Archived