litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Changing Lenses

wayne

bought new smoked lenses at the Stonleigh event on sunday for my s 1 ...easy to fit..? anyone done it let me know...thanks

(thats if I can find the ****bag that the kids have not touched ..honest..!) :(

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardest bit is cleaning the black sealant mess off the car when you remove the existing covers so that you can apply some sealant for the new ones.

On top of that gettings the things to stay on without letting a load of water/muck in (not so much of an issue on smoked covers) and having to refix them all the time!

As Beefy says - getting the old muck off is a right arse.

Heat the old lenses first with the misses' hairdryer, then they should just pull off, leaving a nasty sticky residue.

How you get this off is upto you, I found it better when it was cold. Just takes a bit of elbow grease.

Then put the new ones on by putting the sticky stuff around the edge of the smoked light cover first then pressing it onto the clam. You need to get that right first time though - trust me :(

As Beefy says - getting the old muck off is a right arse.

Heat the old lenses first with the misses' hairdryer, then they should just pull off, leaving a nasty sticky residue.

How you get this off is upto you, I found it better when it was cold. Just takes a bit of elbow grease.

Then put the new ones on by putting the sticky stuff around the edge of the smoked light cover first then pressing it onto the clam. You need to get that right first time though - trust me ;)

thanks...still hav'nt found the *****king things though....

:P

Archived