litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Driving Lights

Martin32

I'm looking to purchase an elise in the very near future, can any tell me if the replacement of the driving lights (those in the front grill), as they are cracked and broken is an easy job to do.

I have already priced up replacement items on eliseparts.com but I am worried if the job can be done without removing the front clam.

Hope someone can advise?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking to purchase an elise in the very near future, can any tell me if the replacement of the driving lights (those in the front grill), as they are cracked and broken is an easy job to do.

I have already priced up replacement items on eliseparts.com but I am worried if the job can be done without removing the front clam.

Hope someone can advise?

Dead easy to do, did my S2 a few weeks back. Look on ebay before you buy, got mine for £16 inc. postage.

Chris Neils want: LELC376-DRIVING LAMP MK1-Price: £115.76 (Excluding: VAT) which is just bl00dy stupid...

IIRC it can be done without removing the clam, but is very difficult!

Removing the clam is piddly anyway. Its only about 18 screws to it. 2 people should take you 1.5 hours for your first time - I reckon I could get mine off in 45 mins now :blush:

Right royal PITA apparantly... never done it, but mine came with them so no real need. As Matty says apparantly you need to remove the clam, but it can be done without.

I've seen a guide somewhere on the web - i'll have a look.

I think you can get to the back of them through the wheel arch. Could be wrong though.

Either way, it's only a couple of cracked lamps!! If the cars what you want (milage\colour\ect..) then go for it! You could always leave it till the spring the sort it!!

Its really really REALLY difficult. From what I've heard it takes 4 Lotus trained tchnicians, half a day to do, and then another half a day to line them up.

Steer well clear.

PS - my car is for sale and has 2 new driving lamps!!! :pile:

Its really really REALLY difficult. From what I've heard it takes 4 Lotus trained tchnicians, half a day to do, and then another half a day to line them up.

Me being very sceptical, but did you hear about the 4 lotus engineers 1/2 a day from a lotus garage????? I was told it would take 1 engineer 2 hours to replace my brake pads ( it took my friend 1 hour with an old jack and a hand rench).

Temporarily - yes.

I'm taking a few months off next summer to see some of the world and will miss the best months for driving the elise.

I'll be buying one when i get back (albeit probably an S2 because i do a lot of miles :D ) I will hate to see it go!

Nice avatar, ally, by the way - I like your vest! ;)

;)

Archived