1. 1. To do, done or not doing

• I have Free NEW mats!
    • I am waiting for my new mats!
    • I dont want new mats!
    • I dont care....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the footmats, and may bother to make holes in them.

I think it should just squeeze in, as of course one doesn't have to screw them all the way down... (it would be tight though, so some flattening of carpets in order) TBH though I can't see the need, other than visually, as the on top mats now sit snuggly and dont move!

How do you get it done?

I spoke to CD Brammall (storm) and they denied all knowledge, also i couldn't find anything on the Lotus website.

Can somebody spin me round and point me in the correct direction please.

How do you get it done?

I spoke to CD Brammall (storm) and they denied all knowledge, also i couldn't find anything on the Lotus website.

Can somebody spin me round and point me in the correct direction please.

Yet another reason to avoid Storm.

It was plastered all over the old Lotus website, looks like it's been removed now though.

Give Nick Whale a call, Ian will explain all, or have a look in the SELOC Product Forum under Footwell warranty recall.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm - that's good quality.....not.

What a feckin waste of time. My mother could do a better job. Do it yourself. You can get the chemical to destroy the corrosion, then do what I did and get a proper piece of aluminium cut by professionals then put it in using sealant yourself. Looks a ton better. I'm glad I went for it and paid myself rather than put up with this kind of 'craftsmanship.'

• 1 month later...
Mmmmm - that's good quality.....not.

What a feckin waste of time. My mother could do a better job. Do it yourself. You can get the chemical to destroy the corrosion, then do what I did and get a proper piece of aluminium cut by professionals then put it in using sealant yourself. Looks a ton better. I'm glad I went for it and paid myself rather than put up with this kind of 'craftsmanship.'

Mr G - Photos please.

Are Lotus contacting people as a matter of course (I've not had anything from Lotus or PSSC yet even though Lotus have registered my (now Sonya's) car on their footwell database) or should I just wait and see?

Chris

Chris Dobbo, get hold of Daniel Hollins in the service section at PSSc's and tell him to get his finger out and sort your car. They did mine, sent a letter to get it done after they had already done it, good sales team , arse and elbow on service.

Chris Dobbo, get hold of Daniel Hollins in the service section at PSSc's and tell him to get his finger out and sort your car. They did mine, sent a letter to get it done after they had already done it, good sales team , arse and elbow on service.

Thanks Bob, I know Daniel pretty well - I've always had good service from them (4 1/2 years), even thought I didn't buy the (old) car from them (actually, nor the new one before you go and search their stock list...).

The only reason I didn't go there for the recent service and MoT is their hourly rate, which can't be justifed on a 7 year old car, and the recent recommendations for Horizon.

I'm still a little surprised that Lotus haven't emailed me and asked me to contact PSSC.

• 1 month later...
Having just had my footwells done, and very pleased with the results, I was wondering how far this has filtered into the S1 community yet?

Keep meaning to post pictures on here, best thing for me was they cleaned up all the horrible black tape which just looked like some kind a sticky gravel lion bar!

Hi Guys - see the link to my post on www.exiges.com read this first or the rest of the post wont make sense (cant promise U wont get bored though!!!)Manky Floors and the associated piccies Manky Floor Piccies

As far as I understand a type A repair is a clean and new mats/fixing screws and a type B is new floor panels stuck over the originals. I wanted any new owners to see exactly what condidtion it is in. Covering corrosion up is what dodgy garages did to old minis and MG sills!!! I think I wrote a snottogram to Lotus saying I thought it was pants. I got a letter back asking me to sign and say I didn't want it doing or get it done. I seem to remember something about the corrosion warranty could be affected if I didn't get it done as they specified (i took this as a threat - I was not impressed). It did look great when they had done it but it will depend on the chap/chappess who sticks them in.

Re Exige...

The previous owner took it to Storm and they recommended a type B repair. Luckily they didn't get the parts in b4 I bought the car.

I have my Exige booked in tomorrow for a type A repair at JCT600. If they cant promise that it wont look like the floors were atacked by forty six teenagers with chisels and hacksaws (as photo on this thread) I'll collect the parts and do it mi' sen' (as we say here up north).

More news as I get it.

Cheers

Simon

Having just had my footwells done, and very pleased with the results, I was wondering how far this has filtered into the S1 community yet?

Keep meaning to post pictures on here, best thing for me was they cleaned up all the horrible black tape which just looked like some kind a sticky gravel lion bar!

Hi Guys - see the link to my post on www.exiges.com read this first or the rest of the post wont make sense (cant promise U wont get bored though!!!)Manky Floors and the associated piccies Manky Floor Piccies

As far as I understand a type A repair is a clean and new mats/fixing screws and a type B is new floor panels stuck over the originals. I wanted any new owners to see exactly what condidtion it is in. Covering corrosion up is what dodgy garages did to old minis and MG sills!!! I think I wrote a snottogram to Lotus saying I thought it was pants. I got a letter back asking me to sign and say I didn't want it doing or get it done. I seem to remember something about the corrosion warranty could be affected if I didn't get it done as they specified (i took this as a threat - I was not impressed). It did look great when they had done it but it will depend on the chap/chappess who sticks them in.

Re Exige...

The previous owner took it to Storm and they recommended a type B repair. Luckily they didn't get the parts in b4 I bought the car.

I have my Exige booked in tomorrow for a type A repair at JCT600. If they cant promise that it wont look like the floors were atacked by forty six teenagers with chisels and hacksaws (as photo on this thread) I'll collect the parts and do it mi' sen' (as we say here up north).

More news as I get it.

Cheers

Simon

Collected the car and they have done a superb job. I have seen the odd horror story from JCT600 in the past but thats two cars of mine they have done very well. One with new floors the other with just the mats - Well done chaps!

• 1 month later...

so how do i check for this?

lift up the rubber and have a good scout? is it glued down.

If their is no corrosion visible would it be worth me getting preventative work done?

or should i remove rubber and screw in some carpets?

Definitley remove the rubber mats. They are glued down and it is a combination of a reaction to the glue and dampness getting trapped under the mat that has caused the issue.

If you dan't have any problems underneath then just get the mats put in. They get fixed down the same as on the S2.

Archived