Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A048's Now Fully Slicks

chris_h

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Andy

Rang around yesterday for some prices, A048s are quite a bit cheaper than the A039s. Looking at around just under £600 for the 48s and around £770 for the 39s fitted. :(

Think i'm going to try the 48s for comparison - although one lotus dealer advised me yesterday that it 'would be dangerous' to fit 48s on an S1 exige :P

Probably going to be more used on the road than track, but will certainly be doing a 1st lotus day early next year :)

No idea - I did point out to them that they're the tyres fitted as standard to the S2 and that in many respects it's the same car (probably just set mystelf up for abuse now :) ), the alloys are exactly the same size. Girl on phone said that was what the bloke in parts had advised.

As for outperforming the S2 - no comment! Still learning how to drive mine properly, let alone winding up those with an S2 :P

Think i'm going to try the 48s for comparison - although one lotus dealer advised me yesterday that it 'would be dangerous' to fit 48s on an S1 exige  :P

Oh dear so just about everyone with an Exige S1 today has a "dangerous" situation ...

Er no .. guys on Exiges.com were using 048s way before the s2 surfaced 'cos they were advised to by a certain person at Lotus ...

Dealer margin may just have something to do with it :)

As you say, dealer margin probably had a lot to do with it on the basis that the 39s are rather more expensive.

When I tried to point out that all the other lotus dealers i'd spoken to didn't think there was a problem I got the impression I was wasting my time - so I gave up.

Guess i'll take my business elsewhere. :)

Could be he drives like a girl :)

Certanly don't drive like a girl !! take you out for a drive at some point if u want

and they are slicks now at 8K so probably should have changed them at 6.5-7k

But this has all been road use no track time yet

Could be he drives like a girl :drive:

Certanly don't drive like a girl !! take you out for a drive at some point if u want

and they are slicks now at 8K so probably should have changed them at 6.5-7k

But this has all been road use no track time yet

:)

Okey dokey... see you sunday then.

Archived