litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Driver Training Exp

Trev Foster

Has anyone on here done the Lotus Exp??? I picked up a leaflet from N.W. on Saturday and after our drive out on Sun it got me thinking how I would like to improve my driving skills.I know it seems expensive but is it worth it?? Also would anyone else be interested, if we could drum up a bit of interest the price may come down for a group of us???

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trev,

I've done it as have a few others on here,its very very good you get to drive and learn from some of the top Lotus drivers and you get to use thier cars which saves your own tyres.

On the down side there is a fair amount of sitting around although this gives chance to talk to other owners etc and of course it is very expensive compared to 1st Lotus,

After alls said and done I'm glad I did it, I learned a huge amount but then I didn't have to pay for it as SWMBO bought it as a birthday prezzie,top girl she is.

HTH

Regards

Jon

Trev

At £120 (I think that's the current rate) for a slot on a 4 person day, 1st Lotus is unbeatable value. Even when it's not your "turn" with Andrew Walsh, you can still be in the car, "playing".

Have a go at this first and then decide if you need more. More may even be 1st Lotus part II, which explores things like left foot braking.

Graeme

Eventually managed to get round to doing a 1st Lotus day last month. Only downside is I wish I'd done it months before!

Definitely learnt a lot and as Graeme says, you get to "practice" at the other end of the strip while Andy is taking others through their paces. At the end of the day, doing it in your own car seems the most sensible to me as you at least have experience of how your car will handle in your hands when you're out on the road.

Fiona

Did the Lotus experience a few weeks ago. Very good and you learn loads, but as Trev says there is lots of sitting around. I also got it as a birthday pressie from SWMBO so lucky old me ! Benefit from my perspective is that is wasn't my car I was spinning and shredding the brakes off of.

Will be doing a 1st Lotus course too though as I've heard so many good things about it, and at the price of a trackday....you'll learn a lot more.

S

Trev,

I did the first and the intermediate Lotus driver experience days a couple of years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed them, learned a great deal. I agree with the other comments though, they are expensive and there is a lot a standing around. On the first day there were 4 groups of 4, on the intermediate day there were 4 groups of 3 so still a lot of standing around which wasn't great when you are paying nearly a grand for the day. Just when you were getting the hang of something you had to move on to the next exercise ie flicking the back end out driving round in a circle and holding the car at 45 degrees by balancing the throttle.

I'm very tempted to do a 1st Lotus day after reading other members comments about them. Its getting late in the year and much more chance of a rainy day but I still fancy getting a day in this year.

I was looking to go on November 25th which is a Thursday. There are 2 places left that day. Let me know if you are interested and can manage the same day.

John.

Hi John, I would love to do a day this year but unfortunatley on that date i'm away on business. If there is another date after then let me know mate. Thanks to all of you for the replies I think I will be going down the 1st Lotus route and taking it from there, but all the advice is much appreciated!! :P

P.S Did you decide not to take the scienic route back on Sunday John???

Matt,

I can do most Thursdays. Does the 25th November suit you? The following week, December 2nd has two free slots at the moment.

Let me know if either of these dates suit you.

John

Trev,

I decided it was getting at bit too dark to go home by the scenic route on Sunday.

I've been researching satnavs since missing the turn and losing the rest of the group. I think I'll add a TomTom to my Christmas list.

John

Yes that would be great. Ideally we need four of us to go because it seems to get booked in 2s leaving just 2 slots free. Not sure what "Total Attendees: Not yet determined" means - I guess no takers at the moment.

At the moment the 9th and the 16th December would be options if we can make up a four.

Archived