litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

T1-r Or T1-s - Confused !

dobbo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of about £50 pr - they have about 5-6mm tread left, which is probably over 10k miles if not tracked. I was expecting to go through one more set of rears then do all 4 together, but can't get P0 rears anymore.

Can anyone confirm that the T1-R in 195 and 225 sizes will fit the Victory rims ? These rims are a different width to the standard ones.

Ta,

Chris

Personally I've got narrow ones all round now but would go for narrow fronts and wide rears next time as oversteer has been a problem.

The one thing I wouldn't do is have 195 fronts and 205 rears.

Hey up chap, Oversteer has been a problem with the new tyres or your old set ?

I'm intrigued because you are the only other person (I'm the other) that has admitted the Elise has a handling problem with front end washout. I'm trying to pin all the odds and ends together to form an objective opinion.

Scott keeps telling me it's the PO's (and I'm a crap driver :D ) but theres something fundamentaly not right. Geo has been done by Mike - so can't be that.

Tyre size combination maybe the root cause so any more details appreciated.

;)

The handlings as nervous as a virgin at a gangbang !

I never said you were a crap driver!

If you have P0 fronts and something else different at the rear (oo-er!) that could cause the problem, P0 are very hard tyres, so something like Toyo on the back would cause a major im-balance.

Hey up chap, Oversteer has been a problem with the new tyres or your old set ?

I'm intrigued because you are the only other person (I'm the other) that has admitted the Elise has a handling problem with front end washout. I'm trying to pin all the odds and ends together to form an objective opinion.

Scott keeps telling me it's the PO's (and I'm a crap driver :) ) but theres something fundamentaly not right. Geo has been done by Mike - so can't be that.

Tyre size combination maybe the root cause so any more details appreciated.

The handlings as nervous as a virgin at a gangbang !

I'm not sure what you mean by front end washout, I did have a little problem which involved spinning on two day old t1-rs. I tried to drive through a corner but the understeer I was expecting didn't arrive so the front shot round and the back couldn't follow it :clap:

My liz has more power than the standard 120bhp so to compensate for that it seems sensible to me to adjust the grip balance towards the back a bit. This is done partly by wider tyres and having the spoiler (it's a 111s)

I had the goe done by mike and t1-rs all round and it is very twitchy now compared to before but lovely on the twistes. I wouldn't like to give to a novice driver now though as it is nervous. I've managed to get to a situation where I can steer with either foot and hang the back out as long as I like now rather than just being able to get it out and then straight back in again.

Bob

Has anyone driven your car and you driven theirs, for reference? Don't mind playing swaps for a few minutes if you want.

Graeme

No Graeme, I havn't driven another standard S1 only S2's thanks for the offer, we will have to sort out a meet point as were fairly close to each other.

I meant to ask Dave Ladders to have a quick try out at Curborough but forgot to ask him basically.

:D

I never said you were a crap driver!

Ah thats right, you actually said I couldn't drive :P (Joking dude)

But no, the dodgy P0's are on all 4 corners (mostly) and although the tread is getting down now, the handling has been piss poor since I took ownership.

With Sinatras description of the way his car handles with plenty of front end grip and the back hanging out when desired (I could live with that quite happily) I think I am finally going to accept that Scott must be right. Bugger.

Think I've sold the TR6 now, so a new set of rubber and AFTERWARDS S2 suspension.

I think it's all part of the process and learning a bit more about the car, but if I can get to hook up with Graeme, I,m fairly confident he will support my claim that the car is as nervous as a virgin at a gangbang !

But no, the dodgy P0's are on all 4 corners (mostly) and although the tread is getting down now, the handling has been piss poor since I took ownership.

With Sinatras description of the way his car handles with plenty of front end grip and the back hanging out when desired (I could live with that quite happily) I think I am finally going to accept that Scott must be right. Bugger.

I had Pzeros before and thought they were great, *loads* of grip, much more than the toyos but not nearly as much sideways action although I don't know now much of the sideways thing came from the geo and how much came from the tyres.

What geo settings are you running?

Sinatra, :P

*Loads* of grip on P0's - how hard were you pushing ?

No piss take, But P0's on Elise seem to have complete arse wipe syndrome. aka Kack.

Lots of peeps report them as aka Kack

I wonder if tread depth says it all, i.e. down to the last few mm's and there shagged.

Comments dudes, and Sinatra, were your P0's well up on tread depth when shit hot ?

Sinatra, :D

*Loads* of grip on P0's - how hard were you pushing ?

No piss take, But P0's on Elise seem to have complete arse wipe syndrome. aka Kack.

Lots of peeps report them as aka Kack

I wonder if tread depth says it all, i.e. down to the last few mm's and there shagged.

Comments dudes, and Sinatra, were your P0's well up on tread depth when shit hot ?

;)

I wore my fronts right up until they were completely bald and then did a Walshy day on them, grip lasted almost until the end, certainly until they were illegal. What they didn't do was water however, I managed to spin on the straight at NW when the tyres were new :D

As I said before maybe it's because I've got narrower rears now but I keep getting the back out when accelerating now and that never happened before. My stopping distance has increased significantly as well.

Having said that the toyos are much more progressive and start going earlier so do make for more fun but I can't help but feel that they make me fundamentally slower.

My vague plan is to buy spare rims and run toyos in the winter and something better in the summer :P

Sinatra's right. Pzero's don't deserve universal slagging - they're actually rather good in the dry: better than toyos (flex), not as good as advans.

In the wet however, they are horrid. Believe everything that's been said.

Graeme

I'd go for the Advans as a no brainer Graeme, but I'm told they are not on MSA list 1a for motorsport (sprinting) so unless I bag another set of wheels I think I need to look at 1a list stuff.

Ladders seems very happy with the Bridgestones too, so maybe it is the car, or worse still ... I am a crap driver.

The thing that worries me about the Toyos now is the increased braking distance reported by Sinatra, seems like a situation I had years ago with a 3 litre GTXLR Capri ... change the tyres ... couldn't stop it. :P

Archived