litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

T1-r Or T1-s - Confused !

dobbo

After Scott's short review of these tyres,

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index...ic=2150&hl=tyre

I've booked in for service , MOT and tyres.

Tried my local for the T1-R, but both they and Horizon told me that the T1-R is not available in 195/50/15 size.

Scott - thought this is what you've got fitted and that you got them from Horizon ?

Booked a full set of T1-S for now. All T1-R on long back order apparently.

Chris

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers both. Scott - your review said that you'd gone for 195/225 for the T1-R. Was that a typo ?

<<...but decided to opt for the slightly larger 195/225 combo for the T1-R.>>

With weeks of back order for the T1-R anyway, might as well go for the T1-S (you know the state of my rear tyres !)

Chris

You can put either 185 or 195 on the fronts and 205 or 225 on the rears.

It seems 'normal' to either use narrow ones all round or wide ones all round but as Scott says some models came with narrow fronts and wide rears. Personally I've got narrow ones all round now but would go for narrow fronts and wide rears next time as oversteer has been a problem.

The one thing I wouldn't do is have 195 fronts and 205 rears.

Ta again.

How strict are MoT testers about the extra spats needed with 225 rears ? I guess any Lotus dealer will know about it, but the majority of independents won't. They're stupid money, and you have no choice if you want legal tyres on the rear.

Scott, the 195 isn't available in the T1-R, thus the question..... at least according to Inner Ring tyres, Derby and Horizon, who I talked to this morning !

Obviously, if you've got 195 T1-R on the front, I'll go back to them and get it double checked. Both were quite sure though. They both said that they don't even appear in the price list.

Ive got the T1-R 195/225 combo. They definitely exist! Just after I got mine fitted about a month ago I heard there was a wait for the 195 fronts. Worth checking toyo.co.uk for local dealers and making some calls if you want the 195 fronts. Someone must have some in stock..

As for the spats, dealer said that they cost about as much as the tyres and most people dont bother. I shouldnt imagine you will have much issue mot time as mine went through ok with Horizon just 2 weeks back..

Scott,  the 195 isn't available in the T1-R, thus the question..... at least according to Inner Ring tyres, Derby and Horizon, who I talked to this morning !

Obviously, if you've got 195 T1-R on the front, I'll go back to them and get it double checked.  Both were quite sure though.  They both said that they don't even appear in the price list.

I was told a 4-6 week delay for the 195's so I went for the 185's. I'm not sure about the spats question? I know the 111s has wider rims (7.5in vs std 7in) but I though they could both take the wider tyre without problems? Does make it a bit silly having bigger rims though :tup:

Scott,  the 195 isn't available in the T1-R, thus the question..... at least according to Inner Ring tyres, Derby and Horizon, who I talked to this morning !

Obviously, if you've got 195 T1-R on the front, I'll go back to them and get it double checked.  Both were quite sure though.  They both said that they don't even appear in the price list.

Some confusion here Chris, T1-R is deffo available in 195, but the stocks were limited (i..e. none!)

Spoke to Wendy earlier though and apparantly the 195's are now in the country with Toyo, so should be in stores early next week at a guess :)

Archived