litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Can An S2 Elise Clear Speed Humps?

PPPMAT

As the title says - I don't get my 111s for a couple of months yet but I live on an estate with some really nice traffic humps. :)

Bloke across the road sold his 360 modena because it wouldn't clear them properly - will I have the same problem???

Matt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should think you'll have no problems.

I make it over all speed humps in my S1 that has been lowered to 110mm at the front and 120mm at the back. I do take each one carefully and i have to make sure that i finish braking before the hump too, as that can cause the chin to rub the hump. (does that sound strange to anyone else?)

I'm really glad you asked this question, as the local council saw fit to put in those nasty 'cut off pyramid' ones down my road that are supposed to let ambulances through.

Its my only concern about getting an Elise! (forget the running costs...)

I picked up my 111s two weeks ago and the speed humps round Worcs have not proved any problems - mind you I do take it slow

BTW only 150 miles to go before first dealer check and then full throttle time :)

Should be fine... also have a lowered S1 and i clear speed bumps easily, as Matty says its the ramps into car parks etc that are often the problem.

360 Modena sits at < 100mm so that would be why its a problem

Archived