Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Urgent! S1 Cat Reqd For Mot!

Sol

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, how to upset an auditor is:-

Tell them that they are putting too many miles on their company car as some tw*t of a fleet manager signed an agreement to restrict mileage to 20k per year. Blame the auditor for having to use the car to travel to shops across the whole of the UK, then tell them that they will have to drive someone elses diesel golf whilst they get the Audi.

:fart::fu::D

Interesting views on the mot thing! Well, its too late now methinks, either way, it should all get sorted.

Thanks Dave + Scott for that, I owe you guys a pint. I was screwing last night(as in 'upset', sadly) at the disposal of my cat. Just dropped off the car this morning, left home at 6, took the wrong road and got there at 8.45! That wrong road happened to be the f@cking M6 toll, so I had to turn around(and pay twice for my err)

Going back this evening to pick up, so I reckon that will be a total of 11-12 hours driving in the pishing miserable weather today :D ..but a serviced car with geo+mot :fart:

So what you are saying is that there doesn't need to be an emissions log for every MOT issued.  I would have though that would immediately raise suspicions.  Luck I don't audit MOT stations then  :fart:

The central "hub" can't tell which particular cars exhaust the probes are stuck into.

Well, its all done :( . Thanks to you guys for the help-again.

Spent around 10 hours yesterday driving back and forth to Horizon which was the biggest pain. Picked up the car at 9pm(!) and it does feel great. Placebo or not(havent had a real chance to push it, but) it feels great. And at the price, compared to dealer prices, I cannot complain at all. Big woohoo to Mike, Wendy and Horizon..

:(

Well, that said, I did 'push' it a little when I was close to home-11.30pmish. Coming up to a large roundabout with no traffic ahead of me, I did a lap to see what the grip levels were and how the car felt. I was actually speeding up to the r/a noticing a car coming close up my rear, slowed down to a reasonable speed then silked around the thing, accelerating out. The car behind me followed me back round the roundabout, but had completely left it in the dust. I smiled a rather irresponsible childish, but impressed smile to myself about the grip and feel. As I slowed to turn right at a junction, noticed the car behind coming at speed. Then....oh squit, blue flashing lights. :fear:

Well, I got very lucky as I used to work with the guy who pulled me over! Had a chat, he asked me to 'be careful', and parted company.. Phew...

Archived