litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Police Sorry Very Long Thread

Jonathan E

It must be the coppers in Rugby, i've been puled over twice for having no plate on the front and both times they just let me go saying 'fix it back on as soon as you get home.'

But it is true that some coppers do pull over nice motors just coz they are jealous, i got my brother (who is a copper) to admit to it just the other day as he was bragging about pulling over a GT3.

But as most others have said the best way to deal with a copper like that is to be civil and polite (i understand that is not always easy), then they don't get any fun out of winding you up and leave you alone.

Perhaps you should have just driven off, a lot of coppers these days, unless they have had driver training, are not allowed to pursue non-stoppers in fear of causing an accident.

Talking of which if he had been so close up my arse i wouldn't have hesitated to give the brakes a quick jab, just to see him brick himself.

If you let us know what his number is i don't mind logging a complaint against him too, perhaps if we all do it we can make it look like he has something against Lotus owners! That might make him think twice before pulling you again.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon

I take it you got his badge number?

It's good that they've taken it seriously - sounds like you've invoked the official complaints procedure.

It's one thing to pull you over for one thing but this jerk was clearly clutching at straws as you handled each one of his challenges. Harrassment may be a bit strong but an apology from a bigwig and an ex gratia payment (or perhaps 6 months sanctioned use of a disabled sticker?) may suffice.

Graeme

First off,I couldn't have been more civil with the cop if I'd tried,but I'd only been pulled a couple of weeks earlier for the same thing and "his" attitude was terrible, so I feel I was within my rights to question his judgement and also made a point of explaining what had happened...IMO the guy was one of two things,

1) Jealous SOB

2)Looking to buy a Liz(God help us)

I got his number but he wouldn't give it to me, and last night on the phone to the station I told them that I would like to take it through the complaints procedure,it was at this point that the sergeant suggested coming to visit me with the constable so we could arrive at a satisfactory conclusion?????

Seems they have better things to do than solving serious crime,We'll see.I'm not expecting them to turn up btw.

If the constable concerned had pulled me over and been civil and asked for my name and address and explained that he was just checking that the car hadn't been stolen,then fine no problem, "thank you officer for taking it upon yourself to check".He didn't do that and what he did do was unreasonable...roll on 6.30 I've got the kettle on :sleep:

Regards

Jon

And then the police wonder why no one respects them.

I had a similar incident (well appart from not being jealously related - i was in my 306) about a year ago. Was driving on the M1 in a queue of pretty fast moving cars (80-85 i guess) in the outside lane - was busy in the middle lane so not much chance for people to pull over. But people did move over when there was a sufficient gap to not get boxed in.

Anyway i noticed 2 cars back an dark blue omega flashing the car behind to get them to move over. I though it was pretty cheeky as the road was just busy.

Anyway he came up behind me following far too close. Then dropped back then came too close etc.. Just before a sufficient gap came for me to move over he flashes his lights a me. Not very impressed i waved back in a 'stop being a tw*t manner' as i had already started to move over to let him past.

Car then goes past me and hey presto it was an unmarked police car. He pulls me over - braking so hard i nearly ran into the back of them. Tries to bollock me for speeding, not moving over, inciting road rage by waving at him blah blah blah.

Unsurprisingly me he didn't comment when i asked politely why he was allowed to speed in an unmarked police car (was he in an emergency - late for work i guess) or at what point flashing people out of the way was allowed / included in the highway code and didn't aggrevate people etc...

Was a bit odd really. He certainly wasn't a traffic cop. Was in a suit if i remember correctly and definitely wasn't interested in booking me for anything - ego trip i think...

Jonahan,

whats the officers number? my sister works in shrewsbury nic, i'll get her to have a word and get this arse hole to leave us Elise owners alone.

she's got a hig position in the nic so she'll sort it !!

i think i would have jumped in the car and driven to the nic with him chasing you and reported it there and then. he's a jealous copper!!

my family live in shrewsbury, i'd better not visit for a while !!!

Well they turned up,I've never seen a policeman grovel to that extent,apparently he thought the car was probably stolen,being on the road at that time in the morning, "most people with cars like that have 9-5 jobs or even retired and enjoying their well earned profits".Well talk about putting people in pigeon holes!!!.Also he's new to the area and was working in Manchester until recently,seems its ok to treat people up there like this.He said he saw the driver was wearing a baseball cap and automatically assumed that the car had been knicked,excuse me for keeping my head warm.

To be fair to the guy I felt a bit sorry for him(am I soft or what)he really was shi!!ting bricks,he personally apologised for his off-hand attitude and asked me to not take the matter any further as it would be a serious blemish on his otherwise excellent record(I did make him sweat)

I won't be taking matters further,the apology will suffice,and like I said to him, if he had just asked my details I wouldn't have had a problem and we could both have gone on our way.swmbo even made them a cuppa without laxative :sleep:

To be honest all I wanted was an apology and an explanation I certainly got the first, the second could have been "worked on" before hand,I think he had forgotten that he was now policing Shrewsbury and not some scuzzy area of Manchester,but needless to say I don't think he will go down the same route again,well I hope not,unless it is some thieving pikey git.

Alls well that ends well I guess, it even made me feel a bit smug rightly or wrongly,but I'd just about had enough,of being pulled for no reason.

Thanks all for listening and Steve many thanks for the kind offer but I think your sister will recognise him easily enough due to the amount of humble pie he's been eating :(

Regards

Jon

ps. they did say it could happen again in the near future,due to the car being a "supercar" and being in Shrewsbury LMFAO

Jon: So you smug tw*t, not so f*cking clever now your transvestite Sergeant's here are you ?

Copper: Look mate, stop shagging my wife and were quits !

Sergeant: I'm free !

Jon: Piss off and take that jar of vaso with you !

Copper: Come on Serg, we can get a quickie in before teatime.

Jon closes the door and contemplates the meeting .... then hears the Serg say "Pulled the wool over that f*ckers eyes - wait till next week"

Copper: Wheres the f*ckin Panda gone.

Sergeant: Bollocks - its been nicked !

Here ends (hopefully) the tale of Jon being pulled by the plod (Ouch!) :sleep:

Hmm interesting story.

It would be somewhat comforting if the police did pull you over just to check you own it. Just a quick check then "thank you very much sir". Would give me more hope if I ever got mine nicked that it would get recovered.

However that copper's attitude did stink and has done more harm than good. Would love to have been a fly on the wall when he had to explain that one to his superior :lol:

Hopefully your car doesn't get nicked soon as the police are likely not to stop it incase they annoy you again :P

Did they offer any compensation for the incident?

Free pardon for 1 future speeding offence?

Get out of jail card?

Did you get an appolgy in writing? If so post it up, should be a fun read.

Fcuking C*nts, all of them! (Well some of them anyway) :D

What do they actually do nowadays?

And bloody insurance companies, tossers! Take your money on overpriced polycies (scuse spelling) and then do fcuk all for you when you actually need them to help you!

Same with the police. When my house got broken into twice and my car twice, dont want to know. When I do 2mph over the limit they're everywhere.

SORT OUT CRIMINALS FOR GODS SAKE!

Jon: So you smug tw*t, not so f*cking clever now your transvestite Sergeant's here are you ?

Copper: Look mate, stop shagging my wife and were quits !

Sergeant: I'm free !

Jon: Piss off and take that jar of vaso with you !

Copper: Come on Serg, we can get a quickie in before teatime.

Jon closes the door and contemplates the meeting .... then hears the Serg say "Pulled the wool over that f*ckers eyes - wait till next week"

Copper: Wheres the f*ckin Panda gone.

Sergeant: Bollocks - its been nicked !

Here ends (hopefully) the tale of Jon being pulled by the plod (Ouch!) :(

:cheers::unsure:

Archived