litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Pagid Rs14's Still The Best Pad?

MattyB

I think my pads will need changing on my next service, did a quick search on the forum and it seems that the recommendation is with the RS14's, but some are saying the Greenstuffs. Bearing in mind this will mainly be for road use, and with standard discs....

Also looked at the 1144's - any good? Had them on my GTi and they were pretty good, but only seemed to show their full potential at higher temperatures.

Recommendations please B)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit reluctant to go with greenstuff as they seemed to be slated back when I replaced my pads on my old car...in the end it might just be down to what Horizon stock or can get hold of B)

Put greenstuff on mine recently and i am impressed. They were a bit over grippy when bedding but now they are sorted. Apparently they are better than RS14's if you are using them for everyday road use. The reason i was given is that greenstuff heat to optimum temp in short periods of time and thereofre give you immediate good breaking. RS14's take a while to heat but when they do they are better at gripping and therefore good for the track. If you are on the road more than the track i imagine you want quick effective breaking. and therefore IMHO greenstuff are the way forward. And they look pretty cool.

Ally

Greenstuff sound pretty suited to what you do Matty.... they melt on track but as you don't go there too often, then don't worry.

They are also considerably cheaper!!!

Pagid are better by all accounts but as Ladders says, need time to heat up etc... the same goes for Mintex, however they are probably a better all round pad IMO.

Greenstuff - They look pretty cool until they've been through a few heat cycles. Mine are now black with smatterings of rust on the backing plates. I've found them pretty good on the track, but then my time on the circuit is limited by my respect for my Toyos.

Archived