litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Le Mans Next Year

Kris H

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats the deal with speeding in France? Has anyone got caught?

Cough! :)

Yep got done last year Steve - €750 fine and banned from driving in France for six months!

Had to flag someone down to drive my car back to Blighty!

Speeding is a potential bitch in france. Some guys we were with got done at 120mph max (averaged slightly less) and only got 90 euros fine each. I only saw one le plod on the drive to/from though :)

Just make sure you have enough cash to pay the biggest fine and be careful/a bit sensible.

Just to let you all know, some friends of mine took cars this year and went from Portsmouth to St Malo on the Fast SeaCat. They saids it was great because they missed all the Paris traffice....

Unlike me who fly out early Saturday and then on the return leg missed the flight home...... it cost Page & Moy a fortune...... !!

One of our lot was stopped this year coming home near Rouen after overtaking a lorry on the crest of a hill :) Trying to keep up with a Lotus when he was in a 318 diesel beemer! Not Clever!

Two female traffic cops stopped him, we thought he was a gonner & so did he.

But, they just told him to calm down & get home safely! Can you imagine one of our traffic cops doing that?

The French are great people, they even flash you coming in the other direction to warn of speed traps.

If you can go the Le Mans next year, just do it! It's an experience you will want to repeat!

Ladders rest assured I'll be up your chuff again !

I'm booking my slot behind your sweet exhaust pipes right now.

Scott, get a grip mate, holiday form, signature, if not, a three day sicky,

you gotta be there.

:)

I'd just add that we are going to Le Mans in about 3 weeks time. So, if we need to pick up any info on the way or reccy anything email me or let me know what you need.

Scott - what are you playing at mate? Get some staff. They can be an arse ache but are useful when you want to skive off but still need things to get done, or someone to blame when it doesn't anyway.

It's 11th-12th of June I think - on the first post of this thread anyway. I suppose that's the sat-sun, so you probably want to be booking about 8th-13th off I reckon.

We had no worries with the coppers at all but then we mostly drove at night - stupid mph through the night, no coppers and no *%$£ing lorries to worry about either. :) Only saw one speed trap but they waved at us and did nothing, which was nice but we were reasonably close to the limit anyway. Each time there was a speed trap the trucks in particular warned us pretty well.

Only time we thought we were seriously for the chop was at about midnight leaving Le Mans whilst trying to get some petrol out of one of those unmanned chip and pin petrol stations and not being able to get our cards to work when a large and fairly hard looking security guard approached us - but speaking pretty good English (much better than our very very bad attempts at French) asked what the problem was and what we were doing, and then paid for us to get petrol on his card. Got to be happy with that really, particularly as he'd only take a nominal amount of cash in return.

Kristian ;)

Archived