litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Multi Vehicle Insurance

SimonC

I know insurance has been done to death and I did a good search b4 posting. Does anyone know of or use multiple vehicle insurance? I am running three motors at the moment (greedy I know) but I can only use my no claims on 1, the other two are on classic policies.

Moter traders insurance usually only covers one to drive anything rather than if it gets nicked etc...

The Elise is on a classic policy with A Flux. I am about to run out of miles so am looking at a deal to sort all three so I can (if required) use them all year round.

Sorry it's another boring insurance posting

thanks

Simon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fleet insurance usually only covers 5 or more. Some companies let you use your no claims bonus on 2 but usually only when you drive an Elise and something like a Punto (high and low insurance groups). Admiral does if you talk to the right person.

Why do you need no-claims discount on classic cars? I thought they were dirt cheap to insure?

Fiona

I had a Senator before I bought the Elise. I got my NCB mirrored as an intro bonus with NU Direct when I got the Elise. After I stuck the Elise in a hedge, I sold the Senator later that year and transferred its true NCD to the new Elise policy, and got full NCD out of it !!

Don't bother trying the internet-type things - you can't explain and 'haggle' your point. Talk to a person, and get them to refer it to an underwriter if you think you should get a better deal than they're offering.

Chris

I run two cars and spoke to autotorque (0161 278 5226) and they were excellent - will search for quotes for you as they're a broker and can do a range of mileages. Worth giving a go I expect.

Kristian :bday:

• 5 months later...
I run two cars and spoke to autotorque (0161 278 5226) and they were excellent - will search for quotes for you as they're a broker and can do a range of mileages.  Worth giving a go I expect.

Kristian  :angry:

Thanks Guys - I went with Eggar Lawson in the end for my Exige. I run an MR2 (MK2 facelift UK non turbo) as my everyday motor (ie the one that always starts) and an 1972 Elan Sprint. All are insured so I have the option of 1-Check the weather 2 - eeny, miney, mo! :-)

I got them to match my no claims and it halved the Exige Quote to £730 notes including cover for the little lady. I have also gone to them for my MR2 as they sorted this for £430. The Elan costs about £155.00 Bargaintastic - oh and tax exempt!!!

Archived