litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Malbon...

MattyB

We've heard it plenty of times - someone sells an Elise, realises they've made a mistake, and go back...but to sell again then go back AGAIN in the space of a couple of months... :D

Whats the opinion on the 172?

And I'm sitting here...contemplating whether to ask you if your interested in a p/x for my Elise. But then, I think I must be mad to want something French, since I dislike all French cars with the exception of the S1 106XSi/Rallye ;)

But purely out of initial interest...would you?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt....I love your 160 but knowing how shite the elise market is at the moment would not pay over 14k for an S1 - and i see u rolling your eyes ! :D

The market is swamped with them and S2's are falling into the 15k price bracket already.

i wouldn't be the best punter to deal with !

As for the 172 Cup...I can't fault it. Fast, handles, comfy, practical and for peanuts price.

Its a great time to buy for anyone at the moment. Reading on SELOC has put me off selling, everyone just seems to be getting tyre kickers - but then they can afford to be picky, the markets swamped.

Anyone know what I'd get for mine in a buy-back from NW? I assume I'd be looking at about £14k, assuming they're now selling similar ones to mine for £17.5k?

Matty

I'd be surprised if NW would be that generous. Their sticker price of £17.5K has a haggle factor built in, plus probably £1K of preparation: they'd sell it with 12 months MoT, 6 months tax, 6 or 12 month warranty, front end re-spray & misc touch-ups, mats & valet and possibly a service as well.

Jon's deal sounds like a bird in the hand!

Graeme

Bah! Make that 5k and we'll start talking :P

And according to Stupot over on SELOC, NW were paying £15k for black S160's - but they don't want to know at the moment what with the move over to Bromsgrove and they've still got one on the forecourt which they need to sell before they'll take on another.

However the fact that Stu cant sell his, and its better specced than mine, isn't really a good sign :( But then maybe his big list of mods puts people off?

matty, they had 2 black s160's when i bought mine from there.

before i took the decision i trekked about a bit and drove a std s2, an s2 111s an s1 111s and the s160. If you care about the financials of your car then you were easily better off buying an s2 shaped car. But i couldnt bring myself to do it!!!

std s2 was too dull, s2 111s wasnt raw enough, s1 111s was nice and i initially thought i would get one, but i felt the s160 was nicer when i drove a couple....hence my choice. Not in the market at the moment to start chopping and changing, although i might be doing a 2 year stint in london so dropped nick whales a line to see what they thought about having it back..... never got a reply, but not bothered since i will just store the car and get the missus to take it for a drive every so often so it still works and of course i will be out in it when im back in the area!!!

Realistically i think that if you recently purchased an S1 the worst thing you can start doing is selling. That said, a mate of mine just sold his deep purple S1 99T plate with 19000 on the board to Paul Matty's for 11.5k So if i was looking to get rid i'd give him a call.

Archived