litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Calling Scott Mac.... Lss

JohnnyM

Scott,

Replaced all my std LSS with LSS with exige springs on that i picked up from a seller on BCBBS following a leaky nsf.

wondering what ride height you are running since i recall you saying you had exige springs on. i fitted them at standard height and it seems to be 120/130 front/rear. it feels stiffer than std. which i guess is the springs

how are yours doing and what height have you set them to ?

John

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is stiffer than std... not coming from std LSS i really noticed the difference. On bumpy roads it gets a bit hairy i have to say...

I went for 110/120 ride height - a drop of 20-30mm for mine, but would actually raise yours from std height IIRC.

I love mine though, much more feedback and feel, better control, but a bit nasty on bumpy bits, the rear can jump about a bit - had it re-geo'd and it seems a lot better know though... worth doing.

On the last run I went on over Shropshire/Wales way, I found LSS hated bumpy roads. Considering its not overly stiff, it didn't seem to cope to well wih bumps and undulations.

On the smooth stuff it was fantastic, but the first sign of bumps had it started to feel a little skittish. Which makes me wonder what Nitrons/Exiges are like if they're stiffer still?

Matty - having had std. lss and now lss with exige springs on i can tell you that you can corner quicker and the car settles better in the corners with the exige stuff on and feels more grippy. That said if you are in to B road blasting then it is a little jumpy at the rear, but luckily my roads of choice are quite well surfaced.

Scott - Cheers. Just been and re measured ride heights and it seems to have settled about about 105/115 since i last measured when it was showing 120/130 minutes after i fitted the kit. Not to mention a good blast around north wales yesterday probably helped it bed in!!. So im not going to worry about it too much.

You are right though, anything is better than the red koni's when i changed mine on the old car it made the world of difference and and i regretted not doing it sooner !!!

Right, out for another blast !

Johnny M

Well that makes me happier that i did get them :D

Certainly all sounds familiar in terms of bumps, but it certainly settles quickly.. spring rates are actually quite different too... about 20% stiffer than std LSS all round

Has made me wonder about Nitrons too as they are a further 30% stiffer again!!!

Archived