litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Worried About The Younger Generation!

Ladders

Theres a lotus in your garage but it's not coming out till next year??? Whats wrong with it? Is it a 49?

5 to 10 year old lads are the best! They have no hold ups about telling you you have a nice car.

Late teens/early 20s skagheads/pikeys are the worst with there disapproving snears. Like i've insulted them buy owning a cool car?!?!?!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find kids in modified kids are possibly the worst. I went to overtake this slow moving car only to get a 4-foot-tall kid with a baseball cap in this modified Civic (old style) fly past me, giving me the finger as he did so.

Half of me wanted to catch up and overtake him, then get out and punch him in the face, but at the end of the day its just not worth it...

Pulled up in my local Shell garage for the Optimax went in to pay and got the comment:

Nice car mate what is it a Smart car??
;)

Silence.......................... :(

If you say that again I'm off to Esso next door.

It's a LOTUS ELISE !!!

Oh! sorry well it does look a bit like a Smart.

No it doesn't :)

Don't tell anyone what I thought will you?

No of course not...well not many.

Not of male gender by the way so may be some excuse.

OK Scott an Emma give it your best shot ;)

I had a kid very interested in my car at the local shop a while back,normal questions how fast how much etc etc,he asked me if he could have a sit in the car which seemed to me to be a reasonable question just the kind of thing I would have asked at that age(about 10).So me being a nice bloke and wanting to encourage the younger generation to apprieciate nice cars and not destroy them agreed,So kids sat in car with me outside answering his 1001 questions.......Then his Dad emerges from the shop clinging onto a couple of very large cider bottles,sees his kid sat in my car and starts shouting at me at the top of his voice that I'm some sort of pedo letting kids sit in my car so I can cart them off and abuse them,I didn't know what to say,I tried to explain that the kid asked to sit in the car but this guy was having non of it, dirty perv,nounce etc etc he kept shouting.Kid wouldn't get out of the car seemed terrified by pikey Dad and me standing there trying to explain that I was only showing the kid the car,Eventually Dad says give us twenty quid and I won't go to the cops.

I dragged the poor kid out of the car got in and drove off with him shouting something about addmission of guilt or words to that effect.

I was well upset I can tell you,since then its been you can look but don't touch and thats all I'll ever say in future.

Regards

Jon

Had coach loads of German tourists trying to get into the car on the way to Le Mans - literally dozens of them having their photo taken with it in Dover and asking loads of questions. Big German lass eventually got in as well. Obviously got the towel down first or something. Bit of a struggle getting out mind... ;)

Archived