litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Elise Dream Is Over

Neil

Neil, the only thing that matters here is you are still around to watch your family grow up. Who's fault it was is neither here or there, its why you pay insurance. Take time to gather your thoughts about it. It could have happened in any car. MLOC expects an invite to wet the babys head BTW! You have been a credit to MLOC in your time on here with organising runs etc. We hope it continues. Its people like you and the others that make me and Liz MLOC addicts :) Best wishes Martin and Liz.

Nice words, Martin. Says it all.

Emailed you Neil - if I can help, with anything, please call.

Didn't realise you were expecting - as you say, must be a very emotional time and really the last thing you need right now is folks saying "get back on that horse" - cars are transients, families are forever. Maybe one day though? - just don't associate Elise & accident - as you said yourself, could have been nastier in a bigger car.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neil,

We all make mistakes, get the Elise fixed and get it back on the road. If it's written off, go one better and get one in orange!

:)

Yes, yes, yes. Get a new one and definitely in orange. It took me less that a year to put mine in a wall. I know how you're feeling, but the dented pride goes away. I just think of it as a lesson well taught.

The main thing is that you are OK, and the same would have happened in any car, so don’t blame the Lotus. I've got a spare seat for the Shropshire run if you still want to come along.

Keep your chin up, and everything will be fine. Now it's just time to go shopping.

Neil

This has just reached ScottishElises, but was unexplainable until I came onto MLOC and checked out what happened.

As your friends have said, the main thing is that you are unharmed, as it was a bizarre accident. We all f**k up at some time or other, most of the time we get away with it, other times we do not.

You are going to kick yourself, but don't give up on the Elise, have a break then get back in the saddle again. If I can post the pic, that is what I did in '99 after writing my first one off, then doing 150,000 miles in its successor, and not one of them commuting or shopping.

All the best from S_E.

tut

post-2507-1190662439.jpg

Neil,

Shocked to read this after meeting you & Eric earlier in the day. It's no consolation, but I nearly did exactly the same thing on the same stretch on my way home at about 3pm. I'm sure you'll re-live it many times in the coming few days, but I hope you feel better physically & mentally soon. You have much bigger and more important things to look forward to, but I hope to see you at a Lotus get together someday soon.

All the best (the other) Niall.

Good to see you are ok. Pretty scary looking crash, not 100% sure why it means the end of visiting MLOC or getting another Lotus?

It could happen in any car you are driving, its just an accident and no one is perfect and never makes a mistake.

Neil

Glad you are ok, give your self time to get other the shock.

That road is known for tail end shunts so don't worry about it, the insurance will pay.

What ever car you get to replace it with, get one you will enjoy, even if its not another elise.

Hope to see you on another Midlands run sometime

Best regards

Pete

Archived