litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Spammers

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've noticed that - total twats they are.. Boils my piss...

Don't we have a non UK member already though? Cremo I think his name was ?

Speaking of non UK, how many non Midlands memers do we have ? Just me ?

Strange how people end up on here, I bought my car off a member and kinda just hung around cos I liked the crack :D

Beefy says the next update of Invision software will offer better resistance to spoof members. In due course.

Maybe we should make the answering of a few more mandatory questions a criteria for membership validation? The existing hurdles are too easy to jump!

Had the same problem on my forum, Beefy is out of date on the updates (I know how it feels, its a PITA to do) and its very susceptible to spammers/bots

Quick solution, if your reading mate :D :

Best solution is just to turn on account authorisation from the Admins. Worked for me.

Yep, too many bot scripts. Maybe we should have some more mods ;);)

eh? what the hell does that lot mean darren? :D

It means.

To many people have set up spybots to join forums i.e. this one (which is where the spam is coming from).

I agree we could do with some more forum moderators to sort it too

Just click on the report button (the red flag below a post) and the posts will be removed by a moderator and the user banned (along with their domain in most cases).

I don't want to switch on admin auth for new users as 99% of new users get a nice quick easy registration process and I dont have to keep logging in and accepting them.

I have a new version of the forum up and running in test and ready to upgrade. The problem is that the creator of "the garage" section of this site has major family problems and hasn't been able to create an update for the latest version. This means we either upgrade and lose the garage or stay as we are and accept the odd spam message here and there.

Just a quick update, it looks as though the garage section will be going open source instead of paid for as the guy who writes it doesn't have enough time any more to dedicate to it. This will at least mean that it will get updated and we will be able to upgrade the site in the near future :)

Archived