litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Astra For Elise?

tazbaz69

i been offered a deal on my elise, for a 2000 astra sri, but fitted with 888 astra coupe turbo engine(230bhp), 888 suspension, 888 gearbox. the cars done 27k but engine and box etc done 15k. he has offered me this car plus 1k for my 1997 R reg elise....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he obviously thinks your elise is better (and I have to agree), so I'd stick with what you have.

Even if it has the extra kit it's still a car designed to be driven by boring old men (and yes I have had 4 of them in my life). Let the abuse roll :)

Baz,

You've got a lovely car that you worked hard to bring up to excellent condition. Don't give it up for an Astra. As Steve said, we had a 1999 Sri - it was nice (until I stuffed it into a M1 crash barrier at 70-odd, then the appeal faded a bit) but nothing special.

Fiona

i know that the 888 didn,t have 230bhp scott m8, he has had it uprated with a ECU and ram air induction kit to reach that spec. the engine and box, suspension and brakes are all from a damaged 888 and put into a SRI 3 door. it also has 888 dash, gear lever etc, but not the 888 seats.

he rates his car around the 9-10k mark and i said i,d want 1k on top for my car, one of reason i,m considering it is insuarnce is £600 a yr cheaper. i would put my car back to standard aswell, and sell other bits as i showed him pics with out diffuser etc so he don,t know about the carbon fibre inside etc.

Why would you want an astra?? Your in a Lotus cause you dont want a VAUXHALL badge, No damn Astra is going to feel as fast or drive better than your elise..tell him to go stick his astra.

my 2p:)

(27 to go :D )

Archived