litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Emergency Travel Kit

Fiona

In a month we're going for a extended hoon around God's country. I don't want to miss any of the good Highland roads so in 2 weeks we'll be covering upward of 3000 miles at least including the drive there and back. :D

Now what should I take to ensure we don't get stranded or that we can cope with minor issues? So far list includes:

Petrol can

Errrrr, that's it. :)

Obviously won't be fitting the trolley jack in :laughing: as I'd like to be able to get our luggage and the roof in the boot at all times.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Fiona

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Digital tyre pressure gauge and top up coolant

but not by too much, it's an expansion tank remember!

Did a similar trip last August, roads are out of this world. You don't really need a fuel can, enough garages around. RAC/AA membership as stated, couple of screwdrivers and a multitool and some gaffa tape for the bits that fall off, sorry forgot it was an S2 :)

Have fun .......... :D

Sun tan lotion / aftersun - in Scotland ???

Have fun. Saw a great route around the west coast. If you get across to Thurso, come down the road south-east then down the east coast to the A9. Geat roads and spectacular once you get onto the coast road itself.

Watch for cameras all along the A9. Oh, no, you'll be forever caught behind caravans, even in an Elise :-(

Chris

Sun tan lotion / aftersun - in Scotland ??? 

You wouldn't think so would you!?

But i managed to get burnt while i was up there a couple of weeks ago, SWMBO took great pleasure in telling me 'I told you so'! :D

in car mobile phone charger, midge repellent, mosquito repellent, horse fly repellent and every other flying nasty bitey thing repellent as well. Have a great time anyway. Fantastic and stunning place, and great to drive, even with the sodding insects. Also unbelieveably dark away from light pollution... :D

Maybe one of those nasty cans of temporary tyre inflator stuff... :)

Fiona,

I would recommend a couple of cans of tyre-weld and also a "bung-type" puncture repair kit sold in motorbike shops. Saved me and the girlfriend a long wait in the middle of nowhere (Cornwall) after a rock punctured the sidewall.

Andy

I've driven into Thurso on mid summer's day at 11.00pm without even sidelights (2 years ago). It's incredibly light up there during the summer evenings. Should make for good long driving days. Hope this weather holds for you.

Enjoy. Will be doing something similar later this year - can you post route details once you've finished, please?

Chris

Archived