litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Top Gear Magazine Elise Test

JohnnyM

Julian Bailey drove a load of elises in the june issue. the laptimes make no sense to me.....

he only managed 1:35.5 in the s2 exige when on the TV it pulled a 1:26

Anyone else read it ?

John

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure but I thought he only had 2 laps - the Stig probably had all day - and was giving it some serious welly (the grass moment especially).

10 secs is a lot though! Purely my perception but I assumed the stig was some kind of ex-race driver/test driver, not a fairly handy journo.

ok, the std. s1 lapped in 1:40.4

s111s in 1:37.63

the s160 in 1:38.9

get this the s1 190 in 1:54.18

it says that he didnt want to wring everything out of the cars as they were all owned by Joe Public. Explains some of it.....

How can 1:54 be representative of the s190 though ? weird

John

I dont know why they bother,

it seems quite obvious in which order Elises will be placed, due to their difference in power,

although I could see myself being slower in something more powerful as I wheelspin off into the wilderness.... although not finishing would save an embarrassing time!

The main reason the s2 exige wasn't that fast in the magazine runs was because I was sat in the passenger seat. An additional 100Kg + of ballast can't have helped it. It did feel like Julian was giving it a go in the Exige, and it sounded gorgeous.

Yes, this same thread is on SELOC at the moment. Like I said on there, it looks like a big advert for Lotus - Exige best, with S2's next, then S1's then Vx220's!

Complete nonsense with lap times and 0-60's

It's a shame cos It would be interesting to have a proper comparison on lap times and 0-60's. You here so many versions of 0-60 times that you dont have any idea what the truth is!

Anyone guestimate what the 0-60 of mine would be now? 111s with K&N, Janspeed Manifold and Eliseparts Exhaust?

Archived