litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Whats Going Wrong Now?

Scott_Mac

Hmm... seemed fine again on the way in (when i say fine, it was doing the same thing, though it seems to drop less rapidly...)

I guess it is just an anomoly!

Dave, one point to notice... in the S1 you are supposed to keep the coolant level just above the min mark, i'm not sure if its the same for the S2... if so i'd take a bit out of yours!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's the same, the coolant should be around the min mark in the 'expansion' tank! It expands when it's hot, you shouldn't fill the tank more than the min level. You may have to top it up to the min level every so often, TADTS.

I check my oil and coolant once a week, takes 2 mins, is now a habit.

My temp sits at 91-92 normally, can rise to 103-104 before the fan starts, usually in traffic, or after a blast and stopped at a petrol station to fill up.

Maybe I'm just not in the Lotus way of thinking...but...

But surely the point of Max is just that - its the maximum you should fill too, and at the same time you shouldn't let it drop below the min mark.

And its just an expansion tank - theres room for expansion, and aslong as there is enough room, its A-OK. So what does it matter aslong as your inbetween the min-max mark?

;)

Dunno about this though - mine is between the min and max levels when it's warm but however much I fill it when it's cold it just drops below to just below the min level. Thought it was a big issue to begin with but am now thinking that it doesn't seem to be a problem. Will let you know if the engine blows... ;)

Archived