litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tesco Insurance..

courtster

Renewal time again, there I was looking forward to the usual c.£700 renewal hit to my credit card and came in at £878 (arghh!) , had a good look round got it down to £713 with elephant.co.uk, then gave Tesco a shot, didn't expect much different as have tried direct line and a few others with the same underwriters and they came in about £750. Tesco then came in at £444.15!!!!!

I can only assume they must be v competitive with the Elise atm, I'm sure I tried the same quote there a couple of months ago with the normal £700ish.

So here's a little sage like advice, as they save the quote and it's valid for 3 months, if its not renewal time for you, get the quote anyway and save it there. If its cheaper upon renewal then all the better, if not then you can use the earlier quote.

Just an idea...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thumbs up for Tesco.

£963 compared to £1180 for DL.

Though I did have to buy back one of last years claims (a bump at £250) to give me full NCB protected again.

Still pricey for peace of mind :)

The way I see though...If it ain't Group 20 it aint worth driving :(

Wow,

£460 !

I am 32 you know :)

But by the time I've added no claims protection, Its gone up to £520. Mods not declared. I'm paying about £600 with ATS with mods declared. Does anyone know how tesco would be with a sports exhaust and a hurricane?

Adam.

Not that I'm up for renewal yet.

Don't think tescos are all that pleased with mods from what I've heard but maybe only those which officially increase bhp. Might give them a go though since these sound like some bargain deals.

Tesco just sent my renewal think great 30% off this year now have 1 whole year of ncb and what did i see? bugger all same price as last year and there site will not quote me either. I cant see why 1 year older 5 points off in a matter of 2 months and a 1yr NCB, yet no one want to quote me bloody happy!

Bailey, to the insurers those points will be a milstone round your neck for 5 years, bloody unfair if you ask me!

1 year no-claims? How much was it last year with 5 points and no no-claims for a 22 yo?

I blagged the sports exhaust and hurricane with no increase from Tesco... but i do seem to be a lucky as most others get stung for around £100 for the two...

I re-tried a quote from them the other day having turned 25 and it was down to £675 which was nice....

I also got no increase with DL when declaring induction and sports exhaust. They and Tesco are underwritten by same people, IIRC.

I believe that if you push Tesco to go and talk to the underwriters, they DON'T need tracker, ecen with a new policy.

Take care with small print on fitting "all available security items, eg hoods, etc". Think there'd be a battle if the hood was off and it got nicked (somehow bypassing a Cat 1 alarm..... ??)

Chris

The Tracker is now essential with Tesco... there were a few occasions when some folk seemed to get away with it, but not any more. Doesn't bother me as i have one anyway!

The Tesco policy is a bit vague regarding the hood... sounds like you aren't covered with the roof off though :( Someone mentioned that a shower cape is ok though :lol: Must phone them to make sure...

You lucky gits!!

I'm with Tesco and my recent renewal on my Sport 160 is £1600 !!!!! (no mods)

I have one claim last year and i'm 23..........but STILL!!

On my previous S1 (standard) it was only £990 , how they can warrant another 600 quid for the 160 is beyond me.

Archived