richbk

hi folks

i would like to get a sat nav, and respect <most>of the opinions on here

i know its been asked before sorry :clap:

i need to get around u.k mainly with occasional euro use

camera detection would be useful,but not essential

ease of use and some future proofing would be good,

i have good broadband unlimited download connection, but dont want to

be constantly updating or having to pay for extras.

any help on wots good,what to avoid or indeed where to buy much appriciated

cheers

richbk

p.s as missus is paying not to expensive :clap:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran TT5 on a pda and it was very good.Just upgraded to a TomTom 510 which was also v good until the damn thing refused to recharge whilst in the car,Halfrauds upgraded it to a 910(which should be alot more expensive) so far it has been superb.

cameras etc can be added at very little cost and future upgrades are also offered at a discount price.

hth

Regards

Jon

TomTom Go is perfect for everything you would need. No point in having the pda version unless you need a pda for other stuff too.

cheers guys

whats the diffrence between the 2 models? spec and cost if you know??

anyone bought of the net?

richbk

I think the more expensive TomTom Go's have bigger flash memory cards or even a hard disk for map storage and may come with European maps as well as just the UK which is what the base end models have.

TomTom Go is perfect for everything you would need. No point in having the pda version unless you need a pda for other stuff too.

cheers guys

whats the diffrence between the 2 models? spec and cost if you know??

anyone bought of the net?

richbk

You might find it worth waiting for this little puppy :

Linky

coming out in October its a pda phone with built in GPS and comes loaded with the new TomTom 6 with speed camera database...

I want one!

Hi , Sat nav just purchased one myself , wasn't interested until I saw an offer at Halfords , they are doing loads off , I bought the Nav man for £169.99 reduced from £300 , arrived 2-3 days later , they also have loads of other web deals ... worth a look ... i'm very happy with mine has good 2d and 3d viewing the audio is clear and has got me arond the country this week whilst viewing Elises , only got lost once or twice..... joke !! Seriously , maybe cheap but its good value and does what it says on the tin.

Cheers

You might find it worth waiting for this little puppy :

Linky

coming out in October its a pda phone with built in GPS and comes loaded with the new TomTom 6 with speed camera database...

I want one!

That's similar to my set-up.

I have one of these.

orange-spv-m1500.jpg

One of these

1d_2.JPG

And TomTom 5.210 with the Pocket GPS speed camera database which is a lot better than the TomTom version. I even have John Cleese telling me where to go. :(

Bought a Tom Tom 710 2 weeks ago having looked & tried all sorts of brands. It is fantastic! Dead easy to use, speed camera downloads, voices etc. The new models will use your phone to contact the TT server each 15 mins to look for traffic blocks & automatically re direct you (but you have to pay of course). The blutooth facility with the mobile phone is fantastic - you even get text messages on the TT screen! You can plug in your iPod if you want to - not sure about the speaker quality though.....

The 710 has more maps than the 510 & the 910 has more maps, plus a hard disc drive & MP3 player.

Loads of detail on the TomTom.com website.

Cheers

Mark

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived