litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Induction Kit Question.

courtster

Anyone heard of anyone fitting a Blitz SUS Induction kit for the K-series?

Blitz are a big aftermarket Jap car part manufacturer it seems from the UK website. Looks like an interesting product made entirely of stainless steel. Bet it gives a cracking induction noise :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been investigating as I saw one advertised, got an email back from racelogic here:

Hi

Thanks for the enquiry.  Yes we have an induction kit available for your car the costs are as follows:-

£155.00 + VAT and Carriage

The delivery would be next day from your order.  If you would like to go ahead and order this part then please supply full invoice and delivery address and a method of payment.  We accept all major credit cards (except American Express).

Hope this information has been help.

Regards

Caroline

RACELOGIC Ltd

5 Little Balmer

Buckingham Ind.Pk.

MK18 1TF

TEL +44(1280) 823803 FAX +44(1280) 823595

[email protected] www.racelogic.co.uk

Is the induction the bit that goes PHISH when gear changing at speed?,

if so then this is my favorite part of the car!

Does this kit make it a bigger, louder PHISH???

Have you got a Turbo ;)

With the induction kit you will hear a sucking noise on flooring it which will then turn to a growl which theeeennnn makes you go deaf for half an hour :D

There was one for sale on eBay a while back..

It looks a bit like a K&N to me, but it claimed a hose to seal off the inlet like the Hurricane etc...

To be honest, given the price, i'd buy a Hurricane as it is designed for the car, and is available in a variety of fetching colours :D

Is the induction the bit that goes PHISH when gear changing at speed?,

if so then this is my favorite part of the car!

Does this kit make it a bigger, louder PHISH???

No, that's the dump valve on a turbo car.

Induction goes ROAR-ROAR! :D

Tests of the Blitz kit on the Impreza showed it was slightly better than all the fabric based cone filters in terms of flow. However it was crap at filtration and generally considered really bad news because of potential problems of dirt ingress into the engine. Now this may not be an issue with the K-series, but would you risk it?

BTW have you seen the new Carbon bodied Hurricane? Looks really nice and still relatively cheap. IMHO the hurricane is really good VFM and not likely to perform any less than the more expensive ITGs etc (unless you are going for 190hp+)

Andy

I dithered around for ages making my mind up and eventually went for a hurricane and am glad that I did. Nice growl and roar, and breathing a little easier than the cack standard intake on the S2 111s.

The ITG filter kit is great and makes a cracking sound when you floor the throttle. Bit expensive at over £450 though.

Also improves the overall in cabin sound by a mile, although a sports exhaust is still on the must have list. Bell & Colvill ss sports exhaust being fitted next Thursday...can't wait!

Update on the Blitz Induction kit:

Have just won one from eBay new from Racelogic for £75, not bad when their retail is £155+vat (see above post)

There is another one for sale at the same price here

Will do, i'm gonna run down to Buckingham to get it now, should have it fitted (maybe) by the time the sun goes down!

Dont let the suuuuunnn go down on me

Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see

-Elton John

Sorry...had to be done :)

Archived