litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
  • Welcome to Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

chris_h
chris_h

Lotus Racing & 500th Lotus Grand Prix Pt 2

Tony Fernandes: "Celebrating the 500th race will be an absolute honour, and will obviously be very special, but we're only nine races of the whole Lotus story. Really, this weekend is all about celebrating Colin Chapman's history, and thanking Clive, his Mother Hazel, and all the people that have helped shape the Lotus legend. I'm thrilled that some of the people that were part of the original story are with us today, and I'm proud we've been able to take the total number of races Lotus has taken part in to 500 and beyond – hopefully we'll be celebrating 1,000 races one day, and can look back on a legacy that pays true homage to that we're celebrating this weekend – the legacy of Colin Chapman, his family, his cars and his team."

Clive Chapman: "Of course the 500th Grand Prix for the Lotus marque is a significant landmark, and it was nice that Lotus Racing thought to invite my mother to attend - after all, Hazel Chapman is the person with the closest association to the Team Lotus history. Much as she wanted to accept, regretfully she decided against it, so I'll be there with my family representing Classic Team Lotus and my father's legacy.

"The fact my mother won't be in Valencia this weekend made it all the more special that she was with all the Team Lotus F1™ cars and the Lotus Racing T127 at the Classic Team Lotus Festival last weekend at Snetterton. It was a great moment for my family and me to see my mum and their grandma standing at the front of the 35 Lotus F1™ cars, and then to be joined by the Lotus Racing drivers. The 'Valencia installation lap' conducted at Snetterton by the T127 was another highlight of the day for everyone there.

"Much as it is nice that Lotus Racing is celebrating 500th Grand Prix, I am sure the most important thing about the weekend for the team is that it is another race and the next opportunity to continue to make progress towards the established teams. It was exciting to watch Montreal qualifying, when Heikki almost pipped the Sauber, and I for one would swap the 500th landmark for the landmark of outqualifying an established team in normal circumstances. Fingers crossed!"

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• LitP Raffle Prizes

Hi All, I have just finished sending out this years Begging letters for prizes for this year's LitP Raffle if any of you are friendly with  or know a Business to that might support our charity efforts please get in contact with them and let me know Thanks Ray the ones I have contacted  Central Lotus Gav Unit 4 Paul  PJS Hangar111 Allon White Cars Elise parts Scott Russell cars Seriously Lotus Car service Packs Lotus on track

Elisemadray
    Elisemadray
    General Talk 15

S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh

And so the winter refresh of my S1 Elise started today. Hoping to take front clam of tomorrow. However of the 4 lower bolts that hold the lower rear to the chassis, 2 are spinning and 2 won't budge despite copious amounts of penetrative oil over the last few months. The Eagle eyed will spot my Dremel tool which I'm not looking forward to using to remove 4 bolt heads that have limited access. Currently on my list are replacing the driving lights brackets, shot blast and paint the tow post, n

Badger02
    Badger02
    Technical Talk 232

S2 door card fabric - refit

Hi all, first post. I've a 2006 S2 Elise 111R, that I am looking to refit the fabric on the door card. The fabric has come loose, when I take the door card off, it looks like an age thing, in which the glue and 'sponge' backing has simply perished. I dont want to purchase new cards or pay for new ones, as I am keen to keep the car OEM, retaining the original fabric.  Has anyone found that their fabric cards have come loose with age? Have you refitted the fabric? The inner leather secti

Dave-hp
    Dave-hp
    Technical Talk 8

Tyres???

Need some new rears for the Exige, what are people using these days?  Currently have Pirelli PZero Corsa Asymmetricos on there. Last time i replaced them, they were hard to come buy, does anyone know of the current / updated version? What are a decent road/track tyre these days. thanks Paul 

smithpaulg
    smithpaulg
    Technical Talk

New Track Wheels & Tyres Set

Just picked these up. Very happy with them. Great to have a wet and dry set of W&T for the track. And being the press forged wheel set, strong and light.

LotusDave
    LotusDave
    General Talk 1
  • MLOC classifieds

• MLOC garage

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kin
    Newest Member
    Kin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use