litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
  • Welcome to Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mark H
Mark H

Knock On Wood - German Gp, Saturday 21 July

After demonstrating a promisingly brisk car in dry conditions, Kimi Räikkönen claimed tenth position during a rain afflicted qualifying session for tomorrow’s German Grand Prix, while Romain Grosjean was fifteenth fastest but will start in twentieth position due to a penalty for a gearbox change.

Kimi Räikkönen, E20-05. Q : P10, 1:45.811. FP3 : P4, 1:16.238

“We weren’t fast in the wet today for some reason and we need to look at why that was. I wasn’t able to get any grip from the tyres, even when we tried a fresh set of wets half way through the final qualifying session. In the dry the car is very good and in the races our car usually has strong pace. Let’s hope for some dry weather tomorrow and see what happens.”

Romain Grosjean, E20-04. Q : P15, 1.40.574 FP3 : P11 1:16.962

“The rain seemed to come at the wrong time for me ; it always was at its heaviest when I was trying to go for a quick lap. It was certainly difficult out there to find enough grip and not to get held up by other cars. It’s difficult to understand why I was so far behind Kimi in qualifying when I’ve been very close to him during the rest of the weekend. I’ve got it all to do tomorrow and I’ll be working hard with my engineers to ensure we’ve got the quickest car and the best strategy to go for some points.”

Alan Permane, Trackside Operations Director :

“A frustrating session.”

How do you assess today’s qualifying performance ?

“Qualifying was a frustrating session. In the dry we looked to be comfortably one of the quickest cars out there, but as soon as it rained we really struggled with both. We will obviously investigate why we weren’t able to extract any pace at the crucial time today.”

What can be done in the race ?

“The forecast is for a dry race and we are confident in our pace in those conditions, particularly over a race distance. Kimi can still have a good race from P10 on the grid and we’re looking at the strategy options for him. Romain has more work to do from P20, but it’s a relatively easy track in terms of overtaking with DRS so we can still achieve a good result.”

What can be achieved by Romain from the back of the grid ?

“Romain has his work cut out, but in dry conditions he’s likely to have one of the fastest cars on the track. We’ll be doing everything we can to give him the best strategy to move up the order and that’s certainly his objective for the race.”

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• LitP Raffle Prizes

Hi All, I have just finished sending out this years Begging letters for prizes for this year's LitP Raffle if any of you are friendly with  or know a Business to that might support our charity efforts please get in contact with them and let me know Thanks Ray the ones I have contacted  Central Lotus Gav Unit 4 Paul  PJS Hangar111 Allon White Cars Elise parts Scott Russell cars Seriously Lotus Car service Packs Lotus on track

Elisemadray
    Elisemadray
    General Talk 17

Lotus Factory Tour

Just did the tour this morning , I was lucky that I was only person on tour so I got a one to one with the tour guide Nick. i had a fantastic look around the lotus factory process and it was interesting to chat to some of staff who worked on various cars in the past and how it compares to the latest factory workings  if anyone who owns or wants to own lotus or is plain nosey should book the tours lotus put on.  I really like to try the driving academy but it’s a little more pricey th

CDM2018
    CDM2018
    General Talk

S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh

And so the winter refresh of my S1 Elise started today. Hoping to take front clam of tomorrow. However of the 4 lower bolts that hold the lower rear to the chassis, 2 are spinning and 2 won't budge despite copious amounts of penetrative oil over the last few months. The Eagle eyed will spot my Dremel tool which I'm not looking forward to using to remove 4 bolt heads that have limited access. Currently on my list are replacing the driving lights brackets, shot blast and paint the tow post, n

Badger02
    Badger02
    Technical Talk 249

Firstly, I just thought I’d make a post to say thanks for letting me join, seems like a friendly forum. I don’t own an Elise currently, but ever since I had some passenger laps around donington park as a teenager a good 15 years ago I’ve always wanted one. Currently have an mr2 and want to stick with a Toyota engine, so I gather I’m looking at an S or 111r model? Hope to see some people at some meets soon.

Jackf
    Jackf
    General Talk 61

S2 elise front roof seal replacement

Hello All I've bought a new front roof seal from elise parts for my S2. It's their aftermarket one with improved drainage. Has any body fitted one of these? If so do you have any advice , tips or tricks. Cheers

Cabby B
    Cabby B
    Technical Talk 1
  • MLOC classifieds

• MLOC garage

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jas
    Newest Member
    Jas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use