litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
  • Welcome to Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JonS
JonS

Lotus Appoints New Director Of Design

Group Lotus is delighted to announce the appointment of Mr. Donato Coco as Director of Design for Group Lotus starting 04 January 2010. In this newly created role, Donato will lead all Lotus Design activities for Lotus Cars and Lotus Engineering.

Head of Lotus Design, Russell Carr will continue to work on both Lotus products and third party design work, an area which is growing rapidly especially in the emerging Asian markets.

Dany Bahar, Chief Executive Officer of Group Lotus plc said, "The appointment of Donato Coco as the new Director of Design for Lotus puts even more prominence on design within Lotus and strengthens the already talented team. We have a very busy few years ahead of us as we are working on a new strategic business plan which will include the introduction of an all new range of Lotus cars and expansion of our third party design work."

Donato Coco is looking forward to the new challenge, "Lotus has a reputation for designing evocative sportscars and it is a great honour to take on these responsibilities and challenges. Russell Carr and the rest of the Lotus Design team have already elevated Lotus Design to a globally recognised level and the increase in our third party design work for clients around the world is proof of our capabilities. I am looking forward to building on these foundations to deliver beautiful and relevant Lotus cars designs whilst at the same time acknowledging the peerless heritage and core values of this wonderful British brand."

Donato Coco was previously Director of Design and Development – Ferrari where he worked on the Ferrari F430 Scuderia coupé and Spider 16M, Ferrari California, 599XX and the F458 Italia. Prior to Ferrari, Donato worked for Automobiles Citroën rising to the position of Chief Designer and was responsible for, amongst others, the Xsara, Picasso, C3, C3 Pluriel, C2, C1, ZX Paris Dakar and the Xsara WRC.

Donato Coco holds an MA in Automotive Design from the Royal College of Art, London, England. Whilst at the RCA, he was awarded first prize in a design competition, which was presented to him by Margaret Thatcher when she was Prime Minister of Great Britain.

Donato Coco is an Italian national. He will be based at the Lotus Headquarters in Hethel, England.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Lotus in the Peak 2024

Here we go A Fantastic prize Donated for this years 'Lotus in the Peak' Raffle an 'A' Service or equivalent for your Lotus by Gav at Unit4 , Gav has supported 'Lotus in the Peak for many years , and is always there to help any Lotus owner. Thanks Gav for information of this years Event Please follow the link below https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/litpbooking/  

Elisemadray
    Elisemadray
    General Talk 1

S2 door card fabric - refit

Hi all, first post. I've a 2006 S2 Elise 111R, that I am looking to refit the fabric on the door card. The fabric has come loose, when I take the door card off, it looks like an age thing, in which the glue and 'sponge' backing has simply perished. I dont want to purchase new cards or pay for new ones, as I am keen to keep the car OEM, retaining the original fabric.  Has anyone found that their fabric cards have come loose with age? Have you refitted the fabric? The inner leather secti

Dave-hp
    Dave-hp
    Technical Talk 6

My new whip!!!!

Finally got a test drive today and have pulled the trigger on this….. Slightly different from my Elise (which goes in a week).   Can’t wait!!      

Guido
    Guido
    General Talk 9

Brake Bleeding

Thought i'd share my recent experience. So I bled my brakes the other month prior to this years (2024) first track day. Standard 2 person method. But the pedal just felt a little spongy afterwards despite the amount I bled it. So much so I struggled to heal and toe on the track afterwards, as the pedal travel was too far down to get my heel up on the accelerator. I recently bought the LASER brake bleed kit (picture below) and used it to re-bleed the brakes. The difference was night and day,

LotusDave
    LotusDave
    Technical Talk 2

RIP my wingman Badger

A number of you will have met my dog Badger. He attended LITP 2022 and several Sunday morning ride outs. Sadly my wingman passed away last night. It was going to be his 14th birthday on Sunday 17th March and I was going to organise and bring him along for a ride out. Would give anything for that opportunity now. A few photos of him enjoying a Lotus

Badger02
    Badger02
    General Talk 18
  • MLOC classifieds

• MLOC garage

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Andy RV
    Newest Member
    Andy RV

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use