litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
  • Welcome to Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mark H
Mark H

Great Easter Weekend For Group Lotus Motorsport

Successful Le Mans test for Lotus Jetalliance matched by success in European GT4 and British GT racing.

Le Mans

Lotus Factory drivers James Rossiter and Johnny Mowlem joined the rest of the Lotus Jetalliance driver line up for the official Le Mans 24 hour qualifying test at the iconic French circuit. Lotus make a return to the legendary endurance race with established Jetalliance Racing and will contest one of the world's most famous races with two Evora GTEs. Rossiter and Mowlem join Swiss driver Jonathan Hirschi in car one.

All six drivers completed the necessary time trial to qualify for the main event on 11th/12th June.

Prior to the test at the weekend James Rossiter said: "I'm delighted to make my Le Mans debut with such an amazing brand as Lotus, and I look forward to working with Johnny and getting to grips with a race circuit that I have always wanted to drive."

Johnny Mowlem commented: "It is always a real pleasure to drive at Le Mans and I have been fortunate enough to do the race seven times before, but to drive for a car manufacturer with the racing heritage that Lotus has, will make this race a very special one for me."

Car one completed 735 kilometres, car two completed 450 kilometres during the test.

Watch out for the next GTE outing as Lotus Jetalliance take on the six hour race at Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium on 7th May 2011.

GT4 European Cup – Zandvoort, Netherlands

Lotus Sport Italy stole the show at the first round of the GT4 European Cup at Zandvoort this weekend. The team, lead by Gianni Giudici, entered two Lotus Evora GT4's and won the first and third race and placed second in the second race thanks to a sensational performance from Stefano D'Aste. In total there were three Lotus Evora GT4s and one Lotus 2-Eleven contesting the opening round of the GT4 European Cup in the Netherlands.

The next round of the GT4 European Cup takes place on 5th June at Silverstone – for further information go to: gt4cup.com

British GT Championship – Oulton Park, UK

Lotus Sport UK fielded two Lotus Evora GT4s for the first round of the British GT Championship at the Cheshire based track. Piloted by Layton Clarke, Freddy Nordström in car one and Lotus employee Oliver Jackson with Jack Drinkall in car two, both cars did well in the first race coming fifth and sixth respectively. This performance was topped in the second race when cars finished in second and third respectively. The next round of the British GT Championship takes place on 15th May at one of Lotus' local tracks, Snetterton – for further information go to: britishgt.com

IndyCar

Following Lotus KVRT's strong start to the season the team is hopeful for a great performance at the Sao Paulo Indy 300 this weekend. Watch the race on Sunday 1st May on Sky Sports HD4 from 5pm. Follow Lotus KVRT by visiting kvracingtechnology.homestead.com where you'll find the latest news from the team and images from the races

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.