litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mounts For K&n Air Filter

Austintaff

I would not say hate, but it just looks too small & basic in my opinion and it looks a bit cheap.

Each to their own but a hurricane against an ITG is like chalk & cheese

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Well it's only taken 3 months but finally got round to fitting the Hurricaine kit today (all be it someone else fitted it!!!).

I'm no engineer.......no really I'm not! But as a driver you can really feel the difference!!

Pick up, throttle response, acceleration all markedly improved. Can't believe it took me so long to sort!

Noise is not an issue as it's smoother/more refined than the lash up I had on it before (sadly there's not so many pops and bangs).

But.....Happy car....happy man!!

Well it's only taken 3 months but finally got round to fitting the Hurricaine kit today (all be it someone else fitted it!!!).

I'm no engineer.......no really I'm not! But as a driver you can really feel the difference!!

Pick up, throttle response, acceleration all markedly improved. Can't believe it took me so long to sort!

Noise is not an issue as it's smoother/more refined than the lash up I had on it before (sadly there's not so many pops and bangs).

But.....Happy car....happy man!!

Top bits of kit aren't they.

Remove the cat and replace with a de cat or silenced de cat for added pops and bangs.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you got it fitted.

But the improved performance (and this for all makes) will be due to either the replaced filter being pants/dirty, sucking in hot air etc so worse than stock.

Or

The noise making you think it is better, you do not get much extra from a filter, they do no harm and look and sound good but they do not add much in the way of performance on a standard engine.

Archived