litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Open Track Boxing Day Sale

Alex B

Alan

Just booked it, look forward to meeting you again.

Out of interest did you do the Motorpunk sprint at Curborough last week and if so what did you think?

Mark

I'm interested to see what they are like as well. My first one will March.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No i didn't manage to get over to the sprint. Work got in the way.

I have heard a rumour that a certain race car hire company may be bringing a new Elise Cup R to Rockingham for a bit of testing.

It they do i will be very interested to see how it does. May even blag a PX ride.

I'm interested to see what they are like as well. My first one will March.

Alex - I have booked on for Feb, March, April & May.

No i didn't manage to get over to the sprint. Work got in the way.

I have heard a rumour that a certain race car hire company may be bringing a new Elise Cup R to Rockingham for a bit of testing.

It they do i will be very interested to see how it does. May even blag a PX ride.

I wouldn't mind having a nose around that either Alan.

Went to this today with AlanS1, had a great day.

Benefits to Opentrack are...

Cheap

Free coffee, biscuits & doughnuts etc

Free Photograoghy

Free tuition

Good briefing

Negatives are...

There were some people there with very little to lose in way of their vehicles......which showed in their driving /inability to move out the way. The product of a cheap price maybe.....

Anyway, Alan and I had fun ....I daren't get too close to his fire breathing, nearly 200bhp S1 as he could've easily burnt my front clam!

I have posted Alans first ever spin ( allegedly....according to him!!! LOL). My big head gets in the way... but you can just see his off!!!

http://youtu.be/mhxYh7k5ETo

Mark

Went to this today with AlanS1, had a great day.

Benefits to Opentrack are...

Cheap

Free coffee, biscuits & doughnuts etc

Free Photograoghy

Free tuition

Good briefing

Negatives are...

There were some people there with very little to lose in way of they vehicles......which showed in their driving /inability to move out the way. The product of a cheap price maybe.....

Anyway, Alan and I had fun ....I daren't get too close to his fire breathing, nearly 200bhp S1 as he could've easily burnt my front clam!

I have posted Alans first ever spin ( allegedly....according to him!!! LOL). My big head gets in the way... but you can just see his off!!!

http://youtu.be/mhxYh7k5ETo

Mark

Mark,

Great day mate. Yes my first ever spin and off in the Elise. Good job it was on one of the slowest parts of the track.

The morning was "interesting", the track like a skating ring with some less respectful drivers on the track. However the afternoon and a drying track was great. 

Thanks for putting up the vid, shame it didn't actually catch it though.

Do you have any more footage? 

Alan

Mark,

Great day mate. Yes my first ever spin and off in the Elise. Good job it was on one of the slowest parts of the track.

The morning was "interesting", the track like a skating ring with some less respectful drivers on the track. However the afternoon and a drying track was great. 

Thanks for putting up the vid, shame it didn't actually catch it though.

Do you have any more footage? 

Alan

Alan

I've got loads of footage, Ive probably got 5-10 mins of me following you.

Mark

I managed to get a few laps on camera. My first time at Rockingham and my first outing in the car with the upgrades. The car performed great. Needs a few tweeks here and there.

This first one is just after i had stiffened the dampers by 4 clicks each. A little too much for the conditions as i found out. Obviously it can't be down to my driving :)

This one is after my little excursion and the dampers put back (reduced) 4 clicks each. 

Will definitely recommend Rockingham and i will hopefully be having another visit soon.

Hi Russell

How is your build coming on?

It was wet in the morning and like a skating ring. I watched a Clio in my rear view mirror get very close to me at a corner, lose the back end and kick a load of grass up and then 2 corners later was on the inside of me on the A pex. 

We had roughly 2ish hours where the track dried, but then the temperature dropped and it started to decline again. 

But really liked the track itself.

Hi Russell

How is your build coming on ?

The crank, rods, pistons,front pulley, flywheel & clutch are away being balanced . New cams and valves have been procured so I should be able to nail it together soon :-)

Alan

I've done some pretty stupid things in my life, but driving to Bedford this morning in these conditions ranked right up there....

5 mins after the 3 hr drive it was cancelled.

What a T.at!!! I am 40 'F'ing 6 you'd have thought I would have known better.

bangin.gif

EFA - I don't look 46 though.

Archived