litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

I'm A Lucky Mofo

Scott_Mac

Dropped an email ot Owen at Race Speed to check on the status of my exhaust, he tells me end of february which isn't too bad....

Then goes on to tell me he has one that has been returned as the person bought it, fitted it for a day and decided his wife wouldn't like it so returned it... result, me gets it cheaper and on Thursday!

Does concern me that someone returned it though... B)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first got mine fitted I was like HOLY $£%R!! but with time I have gotten used to it, especially as it soots up quite a bit, so dont make an instant decision on how loud it is to start.

I also have a silenced CRP and my exhaust is not a quiet one at all!! ask the people who got lost on a run and found us by following the noise of my car B)

For noise you are all mear amatuers.

Static test at Bedford on Saturday was 104dB.

I managed 1 lap before the black flags came out :P

Ne scilenced cat pipe on order from Geary and possibly a new Supersports required :(.

Sport 160s seem to be louder anyway. great tickover sound.

Mine is quiet as a mouse on standstill. With the cat off and hood down last summer it was spot on tho. Really roary. Im not overly sue what my exhaust is

Scott seemed to think my S160+Decat+Janspeed was quieter than Steves S1+Cat+Janspeed...

TBH, from hearing other peoples, I think mines spot on - enough noise to please the ears, but not enough to irritate...

Archived