litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Filling With Fuel

Mac1967

OK chaps, I've asked before but I'm no better off??

Every time I go to the fuel station to fill up I can't get the dam fuel nozzle in....IT JUST WON'T GO IN!!!! Now I'm not trying to put diesel in and I know how to hold the nozzle. The collar of the fuel hose just will not fit!

This means of course I can't go past a certain number of miles awauy from the petrol station that I know will fit.

Any ideas please...Has this happened to anyone else?

Sorry for the tone...but I'm getting really P***ed off with being embarrassed trying to fill up!!!

Regards,

Mac B);):(

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...? me too I would of thought they were the same.

It's hard to describe without a drawing but the diameter of the actual nozzle fits through the hole ok, it's actually the collar of the nozzle a bit further up that actually rubs against the alloy filler neck before the nozzle is actually engaged past the flap and in the hole....( in short: it just won't go in!) Jesus, did I describe that clearly enough??

Sorry chaps

Regards,

Mac

Yup, not that I can for the life of me work out what needed doing, but it sounds like the fuel channel has been altered somehow.

Just cannot understand how, though :P

Is it possible to shine a light down there and see if there is some kind of blockage?

If you are having problems getting your nozzle in past the flaps...

try gently rubbing the end of nozzle until it straightens then try again.

(If this still fails, you might need to turn off your SPAM filter and respond to the avalanche of e-mails that promise an extra 2")

:P

Hmmm?... It does appear that it has been changed as this problem appears to be rare! I haven't seen another elise so I can't compare.

I guess it's off to a local dealer for me.

Can anyone suggest a good local dealer as I've not had the need for one yet?

Regards,

Mac

The dealers are all listed above under the "Links" section.

The best dealers are either Nick Whale in Bromsgrove or Stratstones in Milton Keynes.

Peter Smiths (Hatton) and Gordon Lamb (Sheffield) are nearest for you. There's also Stratstones in Leicester but their reputations aren't as good.

I'd fill up and go to Nick Whale in Bromsgrove. There's a petrol station 200 yards down the road from there.

Are you sure the vapour flap (I think that is what it is called)hasn't been dislodged and is blocking it?

Why don't you post a picture so we can compare?

Hmmm?... Apparently a friend of mine says it looks as though my filler neck is damaged and may need replacing or at least bending back. I'll need to take it off at the weekend to have a better look. I will post some pics as soon as I can and I remember how to post the pics...lol. Meanwhile it would be handy if any of you guys could take your filler caps off and take a pic or two inside the filler neck (of your S2)and post them. From this at least i'll be beable to see if mine looks the same (Hmmm... strange request).

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mac

Archived