litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

M6 Toll Road

Kris H

Folks

Anyone used the new toll road yet? I have done over the past couple of days and I am well impressed. Just drove back from Cumbria today and usually have a really grim time getting held up in Brum right at the end of the journey ;) Today just went through no bother at all at the peak of the rush hour. Very quiet on there and for two quid I am quite happy if it saves me an hour and a bit of 'queue rage'. :clap:

I suspect that the coppers (or scamera scumbags) will take a bit of an interest before long though as the beemers and so on seem to think it's the autobahn! :lol:

Kristian ;)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep I used the M6 toll road a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't actually want to ;)

I was heading north on the M42 and that juntion is a bit confusing especially in the driving rain (deliberately I think) So had to pay £1 for the privilige to get off at the next junction and drive 6 miles round to get back on at Tamworth!

So for me, no, total waste of time and money! :lol:

But yep the general idea is good. :clap:

Dave ;)

I think its shit, personally

We get taxed enough as it is, and if those speeding fines paid for anything useful then we wouldn't need to pay that.

Soon enough, this will spread, and there will be more and more toll roads, congestion charging to the point where you'll need to keep bags of change in your car just to get anywhere.

Bullshit, I say. It should be free.

MattyB Bashing!

:) - right, thats it, I think someone needs to publish the karting results ;) Either that or I need to a post another 261 times so I can create my own anti-Scott propaganda! :tup:

As I see it, it costs two quid, and if I earn X pounds per hour, and it saves me an hour of my own time, then it's worth two quid, particularly after a 550 mile round trip to Cumbria in January. Anyway, I charged it back on my expenses...

I don't like the idea in principle but I never let my principles get in the way of convenience fortunately :)

I agree about the taxes though.

MattyB Bashing!

:no2: - right, thats it, I think someone needs to publish the karting results ;) Either that or I need to a post another 261 times so I can create my own anti-Scott propaganda! :D

My heats were harder than yours... or some other such excuse.

Anyway, when it came down to it, i beat you, so ;)

:D

I used it going north and returning South over the new year, and will continue to do so if I am going far enough north.

On the return journey, I'd been stuck doing 60-70mph in the outside lane for miles, hit the toll road and 90+ all the way ;)

Once I got past where the toll road now departs when I've done this journey in the past (i.e. every single time) the traffic has always ground to a halt, no more thankfully.

Police are already on there, I had to slow down at one point to go past.

Police are already on there, I had to slow down at one point to go past.

Oh dear. Must pay more attention next time. ;)

Still, if they were, they were definitely speeding.

They were, I followed them at 85mph for a few miles.

That wasn't fair though....in my final heat I think someone fitted PZero's on my Kart! ;)

So? It was dry :D

Alright, alright, I admit it - I let you get in front. I just felt sorry for you ... :no2:

Archived