litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 cruise control

Keith

The latest Absolute Lotus suggests (Issue 37 page 75) that it is simple to fit cruise control, with just the change of indicator stalk and an ECU mod. The stalks seem readily available, so has anyone experience of this please? 

I have a 2008 Elise SC

thanks

Keith

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Keith, I fitted on my 2015 S3 Elise Cup. From memory around £100 for the stalk and £100 for ECU coding. I found the cruise control quite agricultural compared to how more modern cruise control operates. I didn't have a lot of instances when I used it but on occasions that I did, it worked as intended.

The later s3 cars have the t6 ecu which supports cruise, the earlier series 2 cars have the t4e or t4 ecu which doesn’t have support for cruise control as far as I’ve seen. 

https://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/products/view/cc174110103/wizard:cruise-control/section:additional#features

This is a cruise control that is supposed to work, and you can buy the lotus cruise control stalk elsewhere. I bought a second hand kit from a Lotus owner, had it all fitted but it not been able to work, think it is the configuration. Bit of an expensive white elephant for me at the moment until I can get it sorted. Would like to have it working as it makes the long 50mph sections on motorways much more relaxing with cruise control.

If I did it over, I would have bought new and got it fitted by Conrad Anderson (think they're in the Midlands, which is a bit of a way for me, but would have been worth it).

Edited by dw1