litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Help ! Suspension clean up

CDM2018

This is a real request for help ? Maybe I might be trying my luck but I thought it be worth asking to appeal for the kindness of this forum?

my Evora went for its major service and MOT last week came with a couple of advisory notes most notably the suspension needed removal of excess corrosion.

i am not mechanically minded in any shape nor have the facilities to do it myself, I could had asked my oldest son but he recovering from illness and not got strength to undertake physical job.

So my request can any kind person be able to clean up my suspension and wax it to preserve it for a few more years. 

I would be happy to pay so if you want to give me a quote that’s fine , I would leave the car in your keeping ideally for a reasonable time as I need it for school runs but I can make short term arrangements ? 
If anyone interested PM me so we can discuss 

Many thanks in advance 

"Removal of excess corrosion" sounds a bit odd.  If a component is corroded enough to be a problem, then taking off the corrosion won't fix it.  Might be good to see a few pictures, to tell if the garage is just trying to earn a crust or things really are borderline.  Or perhaps they worded things differently?

Lotus suspensions can look seriously bad long before they are a safety item, but wishbones on the Evora are aluminium aren't they?  Corrosion on those would be serious but unusual.  Uprights can rust but they are great chunks of metal and have to be seriously pitted before there is any cause for worry.  Springs likewise can look awful but rarely fail simply from corrosion.  Other items, like balljoints, would be replacement if they were bad enough to fail an MOT.

I have not any pictures but it was done at Central lotus and they did note on last years MOT 

I didn’t speak to Adam as he was on leave but he did say before it was surface rust but it’s something that if you did clean off and wax should help preserve the units in time to come ? 
I am not mechanically minded but I do take advice from them as being trusted 

3 hours ago, Tyler Lawrence said:

Surface rust can often be cleaned off and treated with wax to help preserve the affected parts.

Yes i guess it’s sums what needs doing but as i have asked in my request I don’t have facilities or know how so asking if there’s someone who likes or enjoys tinkering with lotus vehicles would be kind to undertake 

I would make sure their time efforts are compensated ?

• Like 1

I'm sure it's fine and superficial.

Long shot because no one on  here generally lives nr to Manchester but if you're willing to come up to Manchester 2 or 3 times  and occupy yourself for a few hours pub / shopping / reading/ chewing the fat... I'm sure I can clean them up and protect them for you over the course of a couple of visits in the next few months.

The cost will be your time on a sat morning, getting up early and maybe letting me have a p/ride in the evora 😉

Just pm me if that's an option for you.

MrWill. 👍 

• Like 1