litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cv boots and grease 06 Exige

richbk

Over winter I have done a few jobs on the exige including a wheel refurb and suspension spruce  up . On removing the rear drivers side wheel I discovered a lovely and quite thick smear of green / black grease on the inside of the wheel and suspension parts . It appears the cv boot is leaking although I can’t see any obvious split /tear or wear . Figured it would be prudent to replace both whilst I have the wheels off . Is this something folk have done at home ? . Any suggestions / part numbers for the correct items greatly appreciated, or is it something I should leave to the pro’s where an hours work for them is better spent than a day covered in grease and split boots for me !!

cheers

richard

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is entirely possible to do this at home, but it does need considerable disassembly to get the driveshafts out.  And messy, obviously.  You can get boot kits which come with the right grease from places like Eliseparts, or from Lotus dealers.  You can even use universal boots as there's nothing fundamentally unusual about the Exige driveshafts.  Needs special grease, but should come with the boot kit.

Archived