litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Driving abroad

Burge

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time we drove in France we bought the stickers you put on your bulbs but found they made no difference and fell off anyway. Others have been know to stick tape on them which is a bit better.

I did a tour of Europe in 11 days (France, Switzerland, (Stevilo pass) Italy, Monaco, etc) and I didn't do anything, been to France another couple of times and also didn't bother doing anything.

21 hours ago, wozza said:

I did a tour of Europe in 11 days (France, Switzerland, (Stevilo pass) Italy, Monaco, etc) and I didn't do anything, been to France another couple of times and also didn't bother doing anything.

Ditto.

I've done 3 x  c.4000 mile trips in my Lotuses.

France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Romania all with no problems.

I guess it depends if you will be driving at night, but for the odd tunnels where you have to put lights on didn't see me get angry flashes from other users. In my case I'd drive during the day, park up somewhere nice at night, going out for a meal and a few drinks meant leaving the car anyway.

I did leave the set in the car that came with one of those "euro kits", as a bit of insurance in case I got pulled, but I've been lucky. TBH I'm more worried about returning to find a load of unpaid speeding tickets :blush: (Time for a personal plate before I go back ? ;) )

Archived