litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tracker Fitting

Stu_55

Hi All, I shall hopefully be picking up my Elise soon but the insurance company require a tracker to be fitted to the car. I did a quick search (forum) but it didn't come back with anything definitive. Can anyone suggest a good and reliable place to go? I would kinda prefer it to be in the Warwick or Birmingham area, but ultimately it probably doesn't matter :D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have atracker - but my insurance dont need it.

Try Admiral...... I saved over 4k on quotes.

PS.... I dont know about you but if some pikey stole my car and ragged it around crashing it about - I wouldnt want it back. :D

Change insurance companies. There's loads that don't require them and seem to add no extra premium for not having one.

Trackers are expensive with little comeback on insurance IMHO.

Unless you've got a car with one fitted already, I wouldn't bother.

:)

'Good place to go'

As in for insurance or Trackers.

I agree with Admiral and Elephant, they are very cheap and don't require a Tracker.

If you need a tracker i request a Tracker Horizon (permently fitted) or a TrakBak that can be removed when you sell the vehicle and fitted on your next purchase.

Cheers

'Good place to go'

As in for insurance or Trackers.

As in for trackers, sorry wasn't overly clear on that! :) That trackstar looks pretty good, but it's probably cheaper to change insurance companies by the sound of it! Thanks for your replies all :D

Thanks for all your help guys (and gals) Admiral are looking the best for Trackerless insurance so far. Still waiting for my quote to come back from Autotorque though.

FYI - I have been finding i can get the insurance for about £150 (ish) cheaper if i had a tracker fitted ;) but the cost of getting it fitted and the subsciption fee doesn't really make it worthwhile.

Thanks again for your replies all :clap: , i'm really looking forward to owning this car :D

BTW - I did call about 3 tracker fitting places yesterday and none of them fit trackers to Elises "too fiddley" they say ;) One guy even said he'll fit one to *any* car except the Elise :D

Archived