litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

C4Bp, B4Bp And C6Bp - What To Do?

olliecast

Morning all, Currently rebuilding my B4BP CR box and fitting a Quaiffe LSD and elise parts clutch release arm.

I`ve uprated the diff bearings aswell to metal caged.

My question is: i have a C4BP box that has only got 3000 miles on it. its mint basically. The car currently is a s1 with a C6BP box.

I`m thinking of putting the CR gearset in the C4BP box, along with the quaiffe diff and swapping over the 5th gear from the C4BP onto the B4BP gearset.

Would this work?Are there any better options i could do with the 3 boxes?With the other gearset going in the different box, is there likely to be any tolerence issues?

Cheers,

Ollie

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a c4bp instead on the c6bp... A lot better, i was amazed at goodwood with the diiferent car behavior. It is better than a stupid manifold etc...

I took c4bp because it was 1/2 price compared to a b4bp and refurbished.

The c4bp is a little bit more of a touring gearbox as at 70mph, you re at 3500rpm. The c6bp gives 3000rpm at b4bp is 4000rpm.

1 and 2 are a little shorter by i haven't really had any issue with this.

Archived