litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Lmp2 First Day At The 24 Hours Of Le Mans

Mark H

#31 Thomas Holzer (GER) – Mirco Schultis (GER) – Luca Moro (ITA)

Free Practice

#31 Position 18 (LMP2) Lap time 3:47.061 (Holzer)

Qualifying Session 1

#31 Position 16 (LMP2) Lap time 3:48.067(Holzer)

Lotus LMP2 successfully completed its first day at the 80th edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the third round of the FIA World Endurance Championship.

Thomas Holzer, Mirco Schultis and Luca Moro added more valuable mileage, a total of 980 kilometres, on the team’s tally and fulfilled the requirements to run a minimum of five laps at night at the Circuit des 24 Heures.

The team was testing the different tyre compounds in order to learn about the tyre wear. Another target of the day was to see how the car and tyres behave at night and to find the right set-up for the qualifying next sessions and the race.

Thomas Holzer, Race driver #31:

“We are pleased about today’s outcome. We achieved what we wanted, to complete the necessary five laps at night. It is my first time at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and didn’t run here before apart from the test day prior to the race. It takes some laps until you are acquainted with the track and adapt to the circumstances. Tomorrow, there will be two more sessions, but qualifying is not so important here because the race lasts 24 long hours.”

Mirco Schultis, Race driver #31:

“I got experienced to the track today step by step. Driving at night is completely different here, but amazing. I am very proud to be able to race at this legendary race having fulfilled the requirements running five laps at night. I hope to improve tomorrow and I am looking forward to the next sessions.”

Luca Moro, Race driver #31:

“It is my first time at Le Mans and I am happy to be here. I completed the mandatory five laps at night, so I am allowed to race. It is good fun to drive at night, but also quite demanding because it is quite dark at the track. There is still some room for improvement and I hope that tomorrow’s qualifying will be better.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived