litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thoughts On A Second Car

malbon

The poll got me thinking. In my ever changing mind on cars and what to have/not have the idea of having a perma-mobile that is comfy, reliable and nice to drive whilst i buy/sell and swop my elises is sounding like a good idea !

Really just a thought crossing my mind but what do people make of the 5 series ?

Its a lot of car for the money - not really looked into engines yet. i wouldnt want a v8 m5 or anything like that. just something brisk but economical.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/45267.htm

Any thoughts ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep nothing wrong with 5 series BM's.

Been running a 528 Schnitzer for 5 years now and it's the perfect complement to the Liz. Yet to find anything better at anything like reasonable money.

Yes the 2ltr is a bit under powered but it has the smoothest staight 6 ever so reving is no problem.

The other plus point if it's a bit under powered it will make the Elise feel even better :)

Verdict on 5 series XXXXX

not at all, i havent driven it nearly enough which is part of the problem..... I simply dont drive it enough when my RS is in the way on the drive.... LOL. Plus i could do with saving some money by only having 1 car. Maybe i just chop the focus and see how i get on with no boot space for a month or so!

Having said that, i really like having the exige and the RS, great combination.

Not suer what I'll do.... making myself shift the focus out of the way and use the lotus at least twice a week at the moment, although pootling to work wasnt what i bought it for......

Johnny M

Having had similar thoughts Jon I took the plunge and got myself an IS200 auto full of toys as a winter car.

Sat-nav, heated electric leather seats, cruise,climate, e/s/r, e/w, etc etc

not very quick but complements the elise nicely

Advantage of lexus over Bm is that all kit is standard! none of the above an extra.

Unfortunately busy for notts run but will make a concerted effort to get to cheshire or staffs run.

Nice wheels by the way dude!

The poll got me thinking.

Any thoughts ?

Jonno, me and you had this very conversation point a while back.

I too looked at Beemers and although there seem plenty out there all shapes and sizes, the've all been to the moon and back twice or clocked.

One reason I've taken the EVO route is an endless amount of upgrade mods are possible if done right for a truly stunning car.

Checkout the Norris Design cars, absolutely stunning.

Msr Le Kidd helped me make one new rule, that is, TAX and Insurance, servicing etc. on two cars, really does add up.

You can (could - Mellon Farmer Blair) buy an aweful lot of fuel and odds n ends for the cost of running two cars.

So before you leap into never never land, have a look at a good VII or VIII

I just went out in a new IX 350 - beyond belief - stunning.

If your not in company car La La Land and trying to make the pennies work, I think single car, constant mods upgrades is the way to go.

My new banger will have already a bunch of Group N parts fitted, and more to come, so I'm building a strong car, while maintenance is mostly done via upgrades.

Just a thought bud. :)

Archived