litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Help-stranded In Brum

richbk

can anyone give me some help and advice.

arrived in birmingham this morning with temp. gauge at 114. on parking water was p******g out from under car. :wacko:

managed to get a freind at stratstone (aston martin)to have a look and he tells me the 2 pipes carrying coolent into engine has rubbed together causing a hole in one and pressureised water to leak out at about 1 pint per 2 mins.

my problem is that looking at my warrenty from "auto protect" issued by chris neill in nortwich(where i purchased from 8 weeks ago) they mention "hoses as a wear/tear item not covered by policy.

anyone had similar trouble and had it dealt with by dealer/garage or been left with a big bill for replacement??

now driving a ford focus for bank holiday weekend -bummer :P

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try Horizon 01384566660.  Mike will sure to be able to help you quickly.

cheers steve, were are they based, heard lots about them?

i live in stoke-on-trent, but work in brum. car is vertually undrivable due to quick water loss and temp increase, do they do pick up?

Pipes and wiring are not covered so you wont be able to claim that on warranty! Been there done that :wacko:

could you tell me what to discribe the metal hose part that enters the engine is called so that when i call warrenty folk i dont call it a "hose" as this is the part that has split, or am i on to a total loser?

any idea of cost for replacement hose / metal tube?

thanks,

Archived