litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Throttle Cable Bracket Just Snapped

chris_h

Hello all,

Just had to do emergancy repairs by the side of an A road !!

Head down in foot well with feet out of the passenger door on busy a road. The little bracket that attaches the cable to the trottle pedel has clean snapped (peice of inch wide aluminium)

I think this was why my car was down on power on the run, i think it was bent therefore not allowing the cable to pull to full trottle. I told you I could go quicker graeme !! :P

Anyway i bodged a repair by using the spring looped around the pedel. Enough to go the one mile back to my house.

car is booked in for its 18,000 mile service so i'll get them to replace it.

Just thought other people might like to check theirs to make sure there isn't a bend / crack appearing.

The joys of Lotus ownership :(

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unlucky about the bracket snapping, excellent work with the fix McGiver :(

Had a similar thing happen on my S1, well, kinda, the pivot bolt fell out, so i ended up uhead in the footwell screwing bits back together, with traffic flowing merrily either side!!

id managed to coast to a bit of no mans land - where you get a filter lane off a roundabout - best bit was, i had the sex pistols 'pretty vacant' blarring out while i did it!! fixed it and got to work, all with a big smile on my face! lol

top tip: keep some cable ties in the boot.. they can come in handy!!

spike :P

update ....

apparently my trottle cable is to hard to push down - maybe a slight kink in it or something, this means there is to much force on the bracket. Cable is being replaced next week.

Chris

Archived