litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Help

jack harry01

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best price I could get the other week was from Adrian Flux, approx £200 lower premium than everywhere else I tried and with a lower excess etc.

If your car's garaged they'd even throw in track day cover for about another 20 quid with a different underwriter.

Best thing is to do a search, Sonya's posted up a long list of names and numbers for insurers who are known to be lotus friendly before - that was what I used. :wacko:

Best price I could get the other week was from Adrian Flux, approx £200 lower premium than everywhere else I tried and with a lower excess etc.

Yet Flux were v.expensive for us - almost a grand, so nearly double what we paid with Sainsburys Bank (£502). Even though we have full NCB, no claims, or convictions, car is garaged, Ltd to 5000 miles per year, which is plenty (we have 2 other cars, 1 van & a motorbike!) ;)

Am with A FLux and they are great for me, however they didnt do track days last year? Has this changed? They normally refer me to competition car insurance, if I can add a day for £20 Peterfield I would be VERY HAPPY! But I presume this cant be true... ? ? ?

It wasn't for me, as my car's not garaged at home, but my mate Nige (Millie) from on here insured with them a few weeks back.

His first quote (S1 Elise) was good but when he rang back they offered him a different policy with a different underwriter which would cover him for trackdays and it was 20 quid more than the first quote as far as i can remember. I'm not sure how many trackdays it's for, but i'm sure it's not just the one.

:clap: hi do you have a tel no or a email address for A FLUX do you go on line for a quote thamks

Am with A FLux and they are great for me, however they didnt do track days last year? Has this changed? They normally refer me to competition car insurance, if I can add a day for £20 Peterfield I would be VERY HAPPY! But I presume this cant be true... ? ? ?

It’s true, I got my S1 111S covered by AF for just over 500 quid a few weeks back. That included unlimited track cover, albeit with a 30% excess, so I’ll try not to crash it!!

i'm with tesco at the mo for about the £750 mark although admittedly i didn't do much serching around (in a rush to get the car).

I tried sainsbury and it was about £1000!! I guess there is so much difference from person to person.

Some insurers will insist you have a tracker of some type before they touch you. I was lucky as one was already on mine.

I'm gonna make the effort and ring aroung a bit this year, my problem is I like to pay monthly (not that well off!!) which you get stung for although virgin say they don't charge you. don't know what there premiums are like tho'.

any road up its a bloody scam.

Archived