litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Clutch Pedal Lubrication

Paul_C

went to Peter Smiths to get the bits... but they didn't have them in stock. £9.92 they are. I haven't ordered them, cos as long as i order them before tues i'll get them in the next delivery, which is thurs.

the guy did say he didn't think there had been an upgrade on that part though...?!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
went to Peter Smiths to get the bits... but they didn't have them in stock. £9.92 they are. I haven't ordered them, cos as long as i order them before tues i'll get them in the next delivery, which is thurs.

the guy did say he didn't think there had been an upgrade on that part though...?!

Depends what you call an upgrade. For instance, the battery bracket has gone through at least 3 iterations under a similar part number (incrementing the first letter) and could be considered an upgraded part. The clutch trunion is a complete replacement, swapping the black nylon piece for a 3 piece kit (2 bushes and steel cylinder) all under completely different part numbers. Do you call this an upgrade? Definitely depends on interpretation.

Rest assured that it is definitely a known problem/'upgrade in its own right!

ok, thanks for the info mate.

from what I could tell from the big folder the guy was looking through, it was a 3 piece assembly, so I kinda hope it's that. Got to order it later.

you wouldn't happen to know or have an idea of the part numbers would you?

thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Archived